But what does that mean?

nulnil

May 18, 2021
So sometimes I'll go look at tags to see if there's anything I might want to searh by for more games. Then I'll see something along the lines of "titjob/handjob/blowjob/vaginal sex/footjob". If I was to search by those, most results would only have a single or few scenes with those. Once in a blue-moon would one of these games actually have a focus on those, and most proper games just let you do the other sexual acts as well. So, what do those tags even mean? Do developers intentionally add one-off scenes to bait players in?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So sometimes I'll go look at tags to see if there's anything I might want to searh by for more games. Then I'll see something along the lines of "titjob/handjob/blowjob/vaginal sex/footjob". If I was to search by those, most results would only have a single or few scenes with those. Once in a blue-moon would one of these games actually have a focus on those, and most proper games just let you do the other sexual acts as well. So, what do those tags even mean? Do developers intentionally add one-off scenes to bait players in?
Developers don't typically put their games here, so the tags aren't their doing. Tags are placed by the uploader/mod who sees over the thread. Many of them don't play the game they upload - using game descriptions initially and reports from players in the thread to update for the tags. As for one-off scenes - all applicable tags are expected to be used for a game if it is in the game, even if it is one optional 10 second scene out of 100 hours of game play.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I can speak as a dev who does have control over my tags here though. I tag based on what's in the game. If I was planning to focus on one specific fetish I'd probably write that somewhere else rather than omitting all of the tags associated with other stuff that happens in the game, just to make the main one stand out.

Generally, if you see a game with all kinds of different tags, you can probably assume it's not going to be focusing on any one specific fetish, though I'm sure there's exceptions.

That being said, it would maybe be cool if they added an "X focus" tag, or like something like that that can be applied to games that do actually focus on one specific fetish.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Generally, if you see a game with all kinds of different tags, you can probably assume it's not going to be focusing on any one specific fetish, though I'm sure there's exceptions.
Actually it's quite common for those games to focus on one or two main themes which then branch into all the other stuff for variety, escalation or Patrons. Mostly furry, sissy, bondage/predicament, female protagonist abuse or general humiliation which then dedicate individual scenes to the other tags.