VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

1. 5.00 star(s)

IRONSHADOW

OMG...This is art
    the story is gripping with belivable and loveble characters.
    the visuals are amazing and the scenes are shot in an intresting way,
    This has got to be the best game on this site i have ever played
  2. 5.00 star(s)

brata

very good game
    dev is cool
    art amazing
    thks for doing game !
    give it a try , Mimir is very good guy and listen and game is amazing with nice ideas
    if I could give 6* I would.
    only thing I ask if I can find cheat to make game progress faster
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Horny

Fantastic. It's been a long while since I've been excited about a new VN. This is probably the best Honey Select 2 title I've played thus far despite it being in early phase. First impression is important, and Midsummer Moonlight certain left a very decent one. What stands out the most to me is the way conversations are presented. The dialogues are well paced through great use of frames, allowing for exchanges that feel natural and expressive. The story telling is(thus far) spot on, and the girls while super hot are also brimming with interesting personalities thanks to the excellent writing.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

vladoff

Great so far. Amazing models, decent animations and I am really curious about how the story will unfold. The only thing I dislike is not being able to set text speed. I kind of like to read games like this in my pace and no text speed setting is bit annoying. Anyways, strong 5 stars from me.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

JydxV

Too good. Nice renders, nice story, nice models.
    I like the way the story unwraps itself. The way how they relation between themselve is natural. Still i like the mystery of the events, like you know there is something behind the lines, the dense atmosphere and feeling the need to figure out the background.
    I see too much potential in this VN. Keep with the good work. <3
  6. 5.00 star(s)

FreakyStyle

review for version Ep1 R1 of the game.
    This game has realy Good looking models.
    also the faces show good emotions unlike other games.
    it is different to other games, where MC is perving on family/roommates and they are falling for him because reasons.
    the story so far got me very exited for more.
    if the quality stays like this it could be one of my top 5 games.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Jacky109.5

By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep.1 R.1] [Mimir's Lab] is a great start to a story I think I'll remember. It's unique, charming, and a refreshing slightly more realistic take on an adult game, especially with the incest tag (which isn't required and there is an option to not have it included). The renders are great, the animations are good but also very promising, and I can definitely see my self replaying this again in the near future. I'd strongly recommend supporting the game and of course the developer.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Satorius

So far so good. I played the previous release and I can understand why they change the ending of episode one. Maybe, it was to quick for the main character to go that fast with the sex scene with one of the girl. If you already play the previous version, from the beginning after you name your main character just click on skip and I was very impress how all the picture went like a movies. From all the games that I played I can say this is the only time I saw a game that was done so well even when you click on the button skip all the image went like a movie. I can say I am very impress about this game so far with the story and the animation are well done . If it is possible please add a Gallery option in the game and hopefully we don't need to wait 3 months for an update. Planning to support on Patreon.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for Ep. 1

A great start! As stated by the dev, this game attempts to put a bit of a fresh spin on the incest + harem genre that you see so often on this sight, and so far, I'd say it accomplishes that. It's rare you see an MC who isn't immediately trying to have sex with his whole family, and is instead repulsed by the idea (though I'm sure that's going to change given the nature of the game). There seems to be a deeper background with most of the characters introduced (beyond simply being family) that tie in with the MC in one way or another that we have yet to really learn about. The MC himself seems to have a complicated past as well. All of this helps make characters feel more like proper people rather than basic NPCs for lack of a better term. It leaves you wanting answers and keeps you invested in these characters. Something tells me there is going to be a lot of emotional moments as well, especially with the dev talking about wanting doses of drama and realism.

Beyond that, the renders are also great. Something felt a bit off with them at first and I can't quite put my finger on what it was, but I got past it as I played. I will say Junie looked bizarrely red (like she was sunburned) in some of the scenes before she left so maybe that was it. I really appreciate that extra time was put in to create facial expressions and such. May seem like a smaller thing but it goes miles in adding that emotion and personality to the game. You can tell some extra care was put towards animations as well which is good for obvious reasons.

I also really value good writing, and this game does deliver on it so far. The flirting scenes and race scenes were fun and everything just reads well in general. It's too early to really comment on choices and having branching paths, but at the very least there were some smaller yet significant differences at the end of the race depending on what you chose.

This is definitely a game to pay attention to if you're a fan of the genre. I'm certainly going to be following it. Best of luck dev!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

honlaothonlanh

did see as just another ai shoujo game but realized that i have horrible wrong about, this game got a extremely beautiful render character design, specially face emotion depicted , story line just about to start but seen interesting, nice work, i guess this one gotta soon to be a next legendary game. highly recommend to play guys.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Pretty solid start, A fresh breath in the incest and harem genre. Incest and harem we get the idea MC seducing his mom, sister, cousins etc by his magical cock and banging them. But this one is entirely different. MC is not a pervert and he rejects his sisters intimacy. But there is an intense tension going between them. We also don't know the reason for the mom's attitude towards the MC. Dev said BMM is an attempt to revitalize the roomate and harem genres by injecting a dose of realism and drama into the formula. It's best to go into the VN with limited knowledge of the backstory, you'll get filled on the details as you set further into the story. So we have to wait for another updates to know more about the story.

2000+ renders for the first release. I have to respect your courage there because not many Devs do this. Because they don't know whether their game will be succes or not. But dev you are very ambitious. And that many renders did good thing because their eye movements and lip movements made big emotional impact on this game. Dev you asked about reducing the renders count. In my opinion don't reduce it add as many renders as you want. I have no problem with the game size and for those who have problem with game size there are many talented compressors here.

Thankyou dev for removing cheating tag from future tags because cheating won't do well with harem and romance.

PROS

* Solid start
    * Fresh story plot in harem and incest genre
    * Beautiful and lovable models
    * Good writing
    * Humor
    * Quality content

This one has the potential to become one of the best games here. Absolutely worth playing. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates
  12. 5.00 star(s)

TheAshina

I think there's 2 types of games in this site. First type is the ones we really can call "games"; which has player-mc correlation as the main focus, aiming for the ultimate satisfaction of the player by making him feel like the mc, even censoring mc's faces from images etc. you know how it is, the more people relate to main character the more people would pay for it. Second type is more like a visual novel, games made by people who searchs for a medium to write a story and express themselves (yeah lol) and maybe make a chump change while doing so, not popular or many in numbers as the previous one but (generally) has way better writing, dialogues and story (naturally so, since they have the story as the main aspect). Which is a shame because I like the first type more, but reading games like these are like a fresh breath amongst those repetitive, unoriginal, plain first games I mentioned.
    And even if it's just the demo version I can say this game definitely falls under the second type, there's maybe thousands of renders but almost none of them is from the pov of the mc lol.

About the game, first thing to say is it has pretty solid english. That alone puts it over half of the other games here already. Dev probably being from USA helps lot lol. Grammar is fine and conversations are not out of place, but they do not feel so organic either. The whole game feels like watching a netflix show (especially with those little gestures and half smirks, which is not bad honestly, dialogues are natural enough and above standarts) maybe it's because I'm not from US but family dynamics and actions seems a bit weird and inconsistent from time to time. I see that dev's trying to reveal things as the story goes on but honestly sometimes it gets absurd that it makes the game seem like a parody of itself.
    Humour is pretty fine either. Animations are fine. Renders are gorgeous (except the mc who looks like he's from "high school musical") and I bet it was pain in the ass to make that much of them, I guess dev wanted to make a strong first impression and manages it well with that considerably long first release.
    I hope to see this game grow more so we can read what kind of story Mimir has to tell. Already got me hooked.

Edit: About very controversial last scene and just a little take about general approach to incest, I think it's not needed to say that it's kinda fucked up we are bunch of people here get off to that kind of content, having said that, it is what it is. There's way fucked up fetishes and honestly that "i-word" is one of the most popular among them. But people don't like it just because title says so, if it was like that we would be just watching that fake step-sis videos. The truth is the real attraction of that concept comes from the deep taboo of it. That slow and (as) realistic (as it gets) development of that taboo what makes people get dragged. And that sudden scene between Audrey and mc kinda wastes that opportunity to make their climax slow and detailed for the dev, because probably that would be the thing keep people hooked for the longest. Not even mentioning people who felt cucked. So I think it's for the best for both parties that, this part is getting retconned. The bad thing is as I mentioned in the first part of this review, the more devs wants to keep their community glad, the more their story will be thinned into that generic plots, I hope there's a way to find a middle way.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

thegrimm

Reviewing first release -- Episode 1
    This game has stellar writing. The dialogue is natural and believable and well written to the point that it sets characters apart from one another in tone. The subtle tics and postures of the characters feel natural and hint at hidden emotions very well.
    The plot is original and a breath of fresh air. The dramatic suspense isn't nauseating or overwrought, it feels at home with the vibe of the story and the tone of the main character.
    Speaking of the main character, his dialogue is witty and confident, but not arrogant nor forced. He plays off well against the other equally sharp characters in the narration.

The models are beautiful and it is obvious a great deal of care was put into making them. Each being unique, with changing dress and hairstyle regularly depending on setting.

So far the animations have been limited, which is to be expected for an introduction. They can use a bit more work but they aren't bad by any means. I expect the developer will improve with time.

I've seen some criticism of the final scene and the characters involved, with the point of contention being if the actions taken by a particular character were fitting or not. I am reserving criticizing this characters actions. We haven't seen enough of them to make a judgement call. If I have one real criticism, then it would be ending episode 1 on such a risky scene. It is difficult to know if it is "good" or "bad" without seeing what comes after, without seeing the ramifications-- that context matters when pinning down who a character really is. There are no hard and fast rules to writing but I'd say, knowing your audience, a risk like this is better suited further along in the plot and not in an introduction.

Anyways, I never do reviews but this was such a treat to play that I had to throw my support in and hopefully encourage more people to give the game a shot.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

sigalchris

Really good start. The dialogue is good and the models are great. Can't wait to see how this one progresses. Hopefully updates will be relatively quick.

If I had to give one little nitpick it is that the animations during sex scenes are a bit repetative, but that is a minor minor nit.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

richard9000

best dialogue ive ever seen in a VN so far, and the models are great too. the realism aspect is something that was direly necessary to evolve this genre, and its been balanced with an engaging story very well. overall a phenomenal VN so far, certainly the beginning of something great.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

BigDdave1999

This is so dissapointing. I loved the art style and the dialogue what i read was good, its just there is no choices. Well i tell a lie there were 2 choices and some options to see sex in different positions. I don't see the point being able to change the character name if it's not my story to decide. After a few minutes reading and no choices i got bored and skipped the unseen text, and if i had kept going it would have been a lot of reading before the choice came up. I hope in future episodes there is more of a branching path otherwise this is just a glorifed kinetic novel
  17. 5.00 star(s)

NathanD7

Excellent start for this first iteration. The writing is surprisingly really well done, along with the chemistry among the "siblings". I will say that the emotional impact some character dialogue has is insane, minor observation, but insane nonetheless. Also I would like to see a little bit more choice before almost every character interaction, forcing interactions is very weird in this case especially with Victoria. All in all great game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Rannell

What a really good start! Hate to rate things so early, but these days if you don't get good ratings at the start then people don't bother to check it out. I really like the different characters features and personalities. The mom's face is missing something, I can't figure out exactly what it is though.

The only bad thing is I can't stand not knowing why the relationship with his mom and oldest sister is bad... Now I have to keep playing to find out why.... Seems it will be worth the ride so far.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Behappy69

I feel this game is really well written the characters seem much more like real people than a lot of games. Simple things like how they interact with each other expressions and remarks are well done I feel. the renders are really good and the BJ scenes were really good missing sound at these points and the sex with your sister was a nice build-up to it I thought just wish the animations were a bit longer there also for me I would like there to be some female moaning at these scenes which could be muted for those ppl that don't like it. I did like the sounds that are in the game and the music as well. I also liked how not everyone is instantly in love with the MC. His mom really doesn't seem to think very highly of you as the MC but I hope you can work on her changing her mind slowly. For the first chapter, I think it's a really great job. I am really looking forward to seeing more of this game I wish I could support it but I had to drop about 7 devs I was supporting due to my financial situation. Anyway, it's a great game I hope others can support this one.