VN - Others - Completed - Cabin in the woods [Final] [Erkerut]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Walnutt

I timed how long I was in the game. I read at a normal speed and didn't skip anything. I stopped the clock at 9:47. Just under ten minutes. And I think I counted 6 CGs, not including the black screen that shows up during the climax.

The girl has a great aesthetic but that's all there is to it. Seriously, listen to everyone and just pass it up.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

WirelessW

An absolute nothing of a visual novel. It's short, simplistic and a portion of it is just plain black screens for some reason. The player is given no input at any point, and the protagonist is a wet blanket of a man who beats himself up because he has...a foot fetish. Shocking, I know.

The dialogue is overly repetitive, with the main character constantly repeating himself as if he is afraid I will forget what he said two seconds ago. The girl is a little better in that respect, to be fair. The dialogue is colour-coded until late in the game when it is suddenly not. The game is in English except for the options screen which is in Spanish for some reason.

1500 hours well spent!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

ChingChang

• Maybe 10 minutes of content if you read slow, stop to jerk off to the lackluster CGs, and include the unskippable logos/disclaimers/screen transitions as part of the run time. Writing this review and downloading the game both took longer than actually playing it.
    • A whopping three CGs, which make up the game's single sex scene. Two of them are just closeups of feet with no real nudity, and the third -- while decent -- is on screen for literally two lines of dialogue.
    • Most of the "sex" scene is a completely black background with text over it; there's not even a character sprite to look at. We're supposedly given a footjob, but we never see it.
    • The options menu is busted. The text speed and volume sliders can't be adjusted at all, and the music is muted by default, so you can't hear the music that this game allegedly has.
    • There's a CG Gallery, but just like the options menu, it's completely broken. Not that there would be much to view in there anyway.
    TL;DR -- not worth the download, move along.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Mr. Spanks

Story: 2/5
    Nothing to write home about, there isn't really anything here of substance, in fact if I talk about the story, I'm spoiling it, that's how small it is. It takes 15 minutes to go through.

Gameplay: 1/5
    It's a VN with no choices to make, a *one hander special* without anything to "onehand" about.

Art: 3/5
    I actually think the art is pretty good other than what looks like the more stock 3D setup to save time. Nothing wrong with that, but the character is really vibrant and well drawn. I'm not a big fan of the ribs though, but that's a personal preference and has no reflection here.

Conclusion: 2/5
    I'm sorry, I don't believe that this took "1500 hours" and I really don't mean to come off as callus. You have really great character art, but there's no substance there that I found.

Maybe some foot fetishes would like it, but that's about it. You have a cool setting, I'd really recommend pushing it further into the horror department and become a unique series. As it stands I cannot actually recommend this.

Ms. Spanks: 1/5
    I dont really like the character and how she looks buck naked and greeny, the setting could be awesome since I like horror elements but nothing happens. I was surprised cause I thought itd be a longer burn, I liked the title screen tho.