gf199

Feb 19, 2019
It should work if you just exit end re enter the house.
If not try the next day, and before that try talking to her in the evening about everything that you can, have a bath and let her help you (if you haven't done that already) and ask her to make you lunch (if that option is possible at that point).

Hitol

Dec 17, 2019
mdqp, I have the issue with the paintings not triggering the globe. The last save I have before staring the quest triggers this quest when I leave Tarkas, so it's essentially locking me out of the rest of the game too. Is there any way to prevent this quest from triggering?

saycemoch

May 21, 2017
Did that but the issue is that the download always fails when im at 99%.
Also i tried the .exe by joiplay but an error appears. Is there a fix? A picture of the file list will also be apreciated. Screenshot_20240402_035335_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg Screenshot_20240402_034724_My Files.jpg Screenshot_20240402_034717_My Files.jpg

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Well I sort of tried to fix it with save editor, in switches there's a switch called Chess book read and it was off so I turned it on, I still couldn't beat him.
Then I tried to go to royal library to read the book and now it says that you tried to find Nimedes' book, but it's not here. So I went to Zanark to try to find it, it's not there either. After that I tried to go to every place that I could think of that has books, but I found nothing. Should I keep looking or is it still bugged?

Oh and I found one pretty old bug (well at least I think it's a bug?).
If you're a werewolf and are wearing a swimsuit or being topless at the beach during a full moon and then decide to turn into a werewolf during the night, you'll still be topless or in swimsuit when you wake up at the cabin.
Well this technically makes sense since you decided to turn into a werewolf while in a swimsuit or topless, so I don't know if it's really a bug.
There is really a bug. If you want to get around it with a cheat, you'll have to increase by 4 the "Chess ability" variable (variable number 270 internally).

mdqp, I have the issue with the paintings not triggering the globe. The last save I have before staring the quest triggers this quest when I leave Tarkas, so it's essentially locking me out of the rest of the game too. Is there any way to prevent this quest from triggering?
There isn't a way to prevent it from triggering, but I can fix the save for you manually if you can't wait for the next public update (which should address the bug). Just attach the save here, and I'll tweak it.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
how do i get the djinn scene in rahib oasis that listed on the changelog for 9.10
You should be able to find a lamp (of the magical variety) in the oasis, specifically in one of the destroyed buildings. In this version, the lamp isn't too visible because of the color and also the sprite animation doesn't trigger correctly when you interact with it (I fixed both in 0.9.11 when I added the art to the scene). The scene itself works just fine, though.

Hitol

Dec 17, 2019
There isn't a way to prevent it from triggering, but I can fix the save for you manually if you can't wait for the next public update (which should address the bug). Just attach the save here, and I'll tweak it.
If it's being addressed, I can wait. I think I'm close to being caught up on all the content I'm interested in anyway. And thank you for this amazing game!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
If it's being addressed, I can wait. I think I'm close to being caught up on all the content I'm interested in anyway. And thank you for this amazing game!
Yeah, the next version has a fix. To be honest, it's a really weird bug. Even now, I am not sure what causes it (perhaps I am missing something obvious), but I used a heavy-handed approach to fixing it, so it's going to work fine no matter what.

Good to know you had fun with the game! ^_^

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
how does erica can transform into mouse?from what mission can erika know how to mouse transform??
You must complete the first Shapeshifter temple, and interact with the statue at the end. To get to the temple, you must sleep at home the first day, and then leave the house (you should meet an old man in a cutscene). Talking to him again at the mages guild allows you to ask him to guide you there.

Sep 26, 2020
I hope you are looking forward to TOTDC 2 as well, that's going to be my next game after Caliross is finished.
I am, indeed! I still have the state-of-the-unclad-one files from five play-throughs of TOTDC 1, waiting to be uploaded into TOTDC 2 once I have a version of it.

Side-note: TotDruC works better as an abbreviation, because I can pronounce it.

Reactions: mdqp

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I am, indeed! I still have the state-of-the-unclad-one files from five play-throughs of TOTDC 1, waiting to be uploaded into TOTDC 2 once I have a version of it.

Side-note: TotDruC works better as an abbreviation, because I can pronounce it.
Talk about dedication! By the way, if those are old export files, you might have to play the game again, sadly: TOTDC2 is going to use Ren'py (using RAGS in the present days just isn't very feasible for big projects), so I updated TOTDC 1 in recent years to provide some text to copy/paste at the end so that Ren'py can read it and import your choices properly.

The update also fixes several bugs (especially for the HTML conversion) tweaks/improves some elements and adds a very small scene as well. You can find it here on F95, or on my blog.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Maybe I should try playing TOTDC1, given TOTDC2 is your next planned game.
If you give it a try, I hope you'll like it. It's a bit weird if you aren't familiar with RAGS games, but it's still an "mdqp game" at its core, so it should be fun if you can get past that (the game has an HTML conversion, but just be aware that it uses the RAGS interface anyway, and you need to right-click, which is a bit unusual for HTML games).

Sep 26, 2020
I think I tried the html version and couldn't get past the "sneak into that room and back out" part because the patrolling guard circled the block faster than I could read the text to identify my next move.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I think I tried the html version and couldn't get past the "sneak into that room and back out" part because the patrolling guard circled the block faster than I could read the text to identify my next move.
Have you tried checking the old walkthrough? It's not complete, but maybe that quest is covered:

Bro helpp missing cursor
Did you install the RTP? This game needs it. I am not 100% sure on the procedure when using joiplay, but I am sure there are guides online.

4.30 star(s) 42 Votes