sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
Question: I did the slave competition and kinda wanted all the piercings and needle thing, but then of course it leads to a game over. Then after it letting me go back to the competition again, I had lost and I seem to be stuck with doing the chores. Does it eventually bring you back to the competition? Does anyone know the selections to win, but continue?

Kabaal

Jul 8, 2018
I am not big on walkthroughs, as I don't use them much myself and I HATE writing them, so I got some help with this one, and the main structure was written by one of my testers (he is really good at testing, btw).

I doubt at this point I am going to invest the time myself to re-write it (if it's an extensive work), but for future reference, how do you think this should have been structured? The open-ish nature of the game makes it a bit hard for me to think of a way to organize this stuff, to be honest, although I guess I could have the main quest first, and organize the side quests by faction.
I firmly believe walkthroughs are to be made by fans. As a developer, you have better things to worry about. Directions should be given in-game and oriented towards your target audience.

That there are monkeys on the internet doesn't necessarily mean you have to cater to them.

Reactions: Amariithynar

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Can someone gives me a walkthrough of the "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" Quest please!

I don't know in what order to puts the books in, help?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
how to finish the outpost merchant quest? I´ve done everything and it says i could deliver the goods to the owner but i cant figure it out how ;_;
It depends on which path you are on (you can be independent, involved with Kira or involved with the vampires, and this can slightly change the requirements). Also, did you go talk to the owner himself back in Tarkas? Maybe you already did everything and you just need to report back, or perhaps you didn't find/check the hiding spot inside the cart.

Question: I did the slave competition and kinda wanted all the piercings and needle thing, but then of course it leads to a game over. Then after it letting me go back to the competition again, I had lost and I seem to be stuck with doing the chores. Does it eventually bring you back to the competition? Does anyone know the selections to win, but continue?
The best sequence is "try to sound eager", "beg them", "impale yourself". If you win, you do get back to doing the chores, but there should be a new slave to interact with, and which you will be tasked to "bring up to speed".

I firmly believe walkthroughs are to be made by fans. As a developer, you have better things to worry about. Directions should be given in-game and oriented towards your target audience.

That there are monkeys on the internet doesn't necessarily mean you have to cater to them.
I kind of agree with the general sentiment (as in, I'd prefer if the players talked about it among themselves, it's better for the community, and it's less unnecessary work for me), but I get so many questions even with a walkthrough, and generally if someone asks for help and nobody replies in a while, it feels weird not to say anything if I know the answer. It's like being around someone who asked "what time is it?" and having a watch. XD

Can someone gives me a walkthrough of the "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" Quest please!

I don't know in what order to puts the books in, help?
There was a hint when you picked up the book, and you can see the hint again if you check the "small note" in your inventory (it should be among your key items).

how do you start werewolf path
During the "Under the Moonlight" quest, you can meet some wolves in the forest. Losing to them starts that path. I might add another way to become a werewolf in the future, but for now that's it.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
There was a hint when you picked up the book, and you can see the hint again if you check the "small note" in your inventory (it should be among your key items).
Tallest, Short, Shortest ,_ _ _ _ _ _ , Tall

What? I thought it was this?

1570358861788.png

But why isn't working?
:unsure:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
You should have 3 and 1 switched around (1 is "shortest", and 3 is the blank one, which would be "medium").

ThrowTriple

Sep 7, 2018
Just started playing this game and really enjoying it. One question though - how do you lower the MC's inhibition? I've been struggling to find any consistent method in the early game with lowering this.

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
Just started playing this game and really enjoying it. One question though - how do you lower the MC's inhibition? I've been struggling to find any consistent method in the early game with lowering this.
I recommend joining the adventure guild. Then do the merchant quest.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
It depends on which path you are on (you can be independent, involved with Kira or involved with the vampires, and this can slightly change the requirements). Also, did you go talk to the owner himself back in Tarkas? Maybe you already did everything and you just need to report back, or perhaps you didn't find/check the hiding spot inside the cart.

The best sequence is "try to sound eager", "beg them", "impale yourself". If you win, you do get back to doing the chores, but there should be a new slave to interact with, and which you will be tasked to "bring up to speed".

I kind of agree with the general sentiment (as in, I'd prefer if the players talked about it among themselves, it's better for the community, and it's less unnecessary work for me), but I get so many questions even with a walkthrough, and generally if someone asks for help and nobody replies in a while, it feels weird not to say anything if I know the answer. It's like being around someone who asked "what time is it?" and having a watch. XD

During the "Under the Moonlight" quest, you can meet some wolves in the forest. Losing to them starts that path. I might add another way to become a werewolf in the future, but for now that's it.
I tried the sequence you said, but it keeps saying I overdid it. Is there something I missed? Is there a variable I can change in the save data to ensure it isn't an issue?

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
I tried the sequence you said, but it keeps saying I overdid it. Is there something I missed? Is there a variable I can change in the save data to ensure it isn't an issue?
So I found out it was because I accepted the piercings and then started the competition over. It kept the piercings as part of my character, which seemed to override my results to always say I overdid it. Can you still get these piercings later?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So I found out it was because I accepted the piercings and then started the competition over. It kept the piercings as part of my character, which seemed to override my results to always say I overdid it. Can you still get these piercings later?

There aren't other ways to get these piercings, but currently there isn't any content for them either (the game is still unfinished, after all). I'll have to finish that one path completely next, so we don't get more of these issues.

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
There aren't other ways to get these piercings, but currently there isn't any content for them either (the game is still unfinished, after all). I'll have to finish that one path completely next, so we don't get more of these issues.
Ok that makes sense. I remember reading somewhere the character Dominique, you needed to be a masochist for a specific interaction. (I haven't met her yet so I don't know). Is that something else completely then? Also, love what you're doing so far! Real fun game!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Ok that makes sense. I remember reading somewhere the character Dominique, you needed to be a masochist for a specific interaction. (I haven't met her yet so I don't know). Is that something else completely then? Also, love what you're doing so far! Real fun game!
Yes, the masochist trait is something different. The easiest way is to go to the hypnotist at the circus, if you want to see what the traits do (he can get you most of the ones in the game, pretty much). Dominique is an NPC in Rahib, she won't really talk to you unless you have the masochist trait.

ThrowTriple

Sep 7, 2018
Probably a dumb question, but where is the Royal Library from the quest log? I swear I have been everywhere and cannot find it.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hey mdqp have you ever considered making a discord channel for this game?

I get asked this every now and then, but I never got the impression that enough people are interested in it. Also, that might need moderation, and I really don't want to get involved into something like that if I don't have to (I am too busy as it is, and a one man team doesn't really have hands to spare). If someone wanted to start an unofficial wiki or discord channel, they could go do it, as far as I am concerned (not that they need my blessing to start something like that).

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Probably a dumb question, but where is the Royal Library from the quest log? I swear I have been everywhere and cannot find it.
Not in the game yet. Some of the stuff I have plans for will probably change parts of the main quest retro-actively, introducing some new content. This is because sometimes it was more expedient to write content in already existing areas, than add an entire new city just to have a library available. In theory, I might still have to add the capital city in the game, for example, but I might decide to "cheat" on that one, and make just the castle visitable (like it is now), which would mean "relocating" the library from my plans inside the castle as well.

Next time I go for a more open-world setting, I'll have a better grasp on this stuff. I chased too many "threads" early on with Caliross, I should have stuck to my old sensibilities and work on a single path at a time.

4.30 star(s) 42 Votes