Fiboj

Aug 31, 2017
Hi.
got trouble with rollback after about (minute of play / few dialogue) stop working. Whan i make save after it stop working, close game and run again , load that save rollback work but again few dialogue and it stop

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
From Dev on Steam

Firstly, yesterday my Patreon page was deleted. It was just for an hour or so and then it was restored, but why it happened, I still have no idea. Also, at least 5 more pages of other developers were deleted as well. Also, at least 5 more pages of other developers were deleted as well. So please join our Discord, Steam, or even subscribe to DeviantArt. Otherwise, if we disappear again, you won't know where or how to reach us.

In general, I only had a mild scare since I have very few subscribers on Patreon. The income from it is like a small bonus, nothing more. But those who make really good games, and who have a lot of subscribers, probably got scared a lot more. So yeah, these things happen.

As we wrote earlier there are two stories in development.

One will put an end to Ilga's story. Although more like an ellipsis. Ilga's ending has caused some controversy, but I think it suits the situation. However, several unclear things we will still reveal and discuss, so that there are no ambiguities. Or at least fewer of them.

The second will complete the story of Kilena, if Forlan stayed in town at the end. I think we'll allow direct access to this ending through settings in case you don't have necessary save files or didn't get this ending.

And if Ilga's story I managed to create quickly, since she’s one of my favourite characters, then Kilena’s story is hard for me to work with. That doesn't mean we'll make it worse, just that it’s harder to do.
As of right now, the documentation for Kilena has 146 pages and contains 10,000 words. Roughly 128 of these pages are finished. But it's not the full ending, the last scene hasn't been written yet.
There is one more character that could use its own ending, but I'm not sure I'm going to do it. We've spent a lot of time on VC, and we have a lot of content ready for a new project. There's already enough for either one big update or two smaller ones, and I don't really care how it's received. I just want to work on something new. Development of VC started at the end of 2018 and it's time for it to at least take a long pause, if not to end.

Thank you all and take care.

Joncik_Ko

Dec 26, 2021
Do you have a walkthrough for each ending? In the epilogue I managed to achieve #1, #2, #7 and #8. Do you know how to unlock the remaining endings? ok i found #4, #5 and #6. Are there more than 8 endings? And does someone have save with ending #3?

Last edited:

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
From Dev on Steam

Work on the story update continues, 512 renders are done, and 4 animations are prepared for rendering. Dialogue consists of roughly 12 thousand words.
Important Message:

After last week's news, a number of strange people started attacking us, claiming that we are scoundrels, and cheated everyone. That we promised to make the DLC update free, but in fact we will sell it for money.

Let me be clear:
- The update was promised to be free, and it will be.
- There was no mention in any news that the update would be sold for money.

I ask them, "Can I get some sort of quote of me that we are going to sell it?” Silence. What's going on in people's minds, I don't know. The news is written by the same person who writes the VC events. Yes, my text goes through proofreading, for errors, since I do happen to make a grammar mistake or two, but many events go almost unchanged straight into the game. I already have doubts about my competence as an author. While this is our initiative, we did not originally intend to do this update and did not promise it at all.

A small spoiler about the update. It will end with a "special event". Where we will bring together all the characters. The location will be Fiona's place.
It's been a difficult week, and I haven't been working much. I've had some personal problems, but things are back to normal now.

Dates:
Tentatively, I'm hoping in April to complete the most routine part, the dialogues and getting to the climactic scene of the update. How long the final scene will take until the end is not clear. It depends on the scale. As you realise, there is a lot to do there, if only there was a desire as well. Is there any? To be honest, not at all. So far, I'm doing it by forcing myself and cursing the decision to go forward with this. But sometimes in the process of work some excitement does appear.

That's all.
Thank you and take care.

Reactions: JustMy2Cents

jackalltheway

Feb 15, 2022
ok, i have a few questions: first; should i take the mask off from the girl i meet on the alley or leave it on? second; where can i find the merchant and how? third; how and when can i find Radna, is she in ep 1 or 2? If anyone can help i would appreciate it

Joncik_Ko

Dec 26, 2021
ok, i have a few questions: first; should i take the mask off from the girl i meet on the alley or leave it on? second; where can i find the merchant and how? third; how and when can i find Radna, is she in ep 1 or 2? If anyone can help i would appreciate it
1. I say that it will be better if You do not took her mask off. You will know why in part 2. And it leads to on of "better" endings...

2. Merchant, which merchant You are talking about?

3. I met Radna when exploring forest, after talking to autorities in the City... It is random meeting.

Reactions: jackalltheway

jackalltheway

Feb 15, 2022
i think it's the merchant the innkeeper tells you about, the one who's wife has been abducted, it's an ep 1 quest, part of the main quest line, i'll come back with a comm when i'll start it to give you more details. The thing is that after some time, doing side quests, the main quests i had, including the mercant one, vanished for no reason, i didn't finish them either, they just disappeared. Oh, and one more thing, do you meet Redna in ep 1 or 2?

Joncik_Ko

Dec 26, 2021
i think it's the merchant the innkeeper tells you about, the one who's wife has been abducted, it's an ep 1 quest, part of the main quest line, i'll come back with a comm when i'll start it to give you more details. The thing is that after some time, doing side quests, the main quests i had, including the mercant one, vanished for no reason, i didn't finish them either, they just disappeared. Oh, and one more thing, do you meet Redna in ep 1 or 2?
I'm sure on 99% it was in part one. But in part 2 You will meet her too ;) In a different cirmustances ;)

Reactions: jackalltheway

jackalltheway

Feb 15, 2022
Cheat press SHIFT+O

pc.dex = 100 (agility)
pc.exp = 1000 (experience)
pc.lev = 100 (level up)
pc.str = 100 (strength)
pc.rep = 1000 (reputations)
pc.bab = 1000 (coins BUT it doesn't work ONLY for EP1)

For anyone interested

Oct 28, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 478, in execute
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 483, in execute
    if renpy.variant("pc"):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 489, in execute
    imagemap:
Exception: Could not find a ground image for imagemap.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 681, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen main_menu():
    screen main_menu():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 483, in execute
    if renpy.variant("pc"):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 489, in execute
    imagemap:
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 1250, in _imagemap
    ground = pick(ground, ("ground", "idle"), idle)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 1248, in pick
    raise Exception("Could not find a %s image for imagemap." % name[0])
Exception: Could not find a ground image for imagemap.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
COTV2 1.1044_DLC
Thu Apr 11 17:12:57 2024
Does anyone know how to fix this error?

khizar360

Oct 23, 2022
Cheat press SHIFT+O

pc.dex = 100 (agility)
pc.exp = 1000 (experience)
pc.lev = 100 (level up)
pc.str = 100 (strength)
pc.rep = 1000 (reputations)
pc.bab = 1000 (coins BUT it doesn't work ONLY for EP1)

For anyone interested
Not working. nothing is happening

jackalltheway

Feb 15, 2022
In ep 2, when i tell Kilena i'm moving from the inn she comes to inspect the room, where i get to choose whether i have sex with her or not, if i choose to have sex with her she'll get mad and after that there's a message under the quest but it's in kirilic/russian and i don't understand it, can someone help?

jackalltheway

Feb 15, 2022
Cheat Mod or Multi mod
I don't use any cheat mod, i just don't understand which option is the best for Kilena

Should i have sex with Kilena before moving out of the inn or not, from what i understood from the russian message, it says that the story continues in the DLC. This happens only if i have sex with her, otherwise nothing changes.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes