Calling women "beasts"

• Thread starter Deleted member 2864846
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2864846

Okay, I just started a new VN this evening, and this is the third one I've run across in the past week that refers to a woman as a "beast." This time in conjunction with "depraved," but the other two used similar adjectives. What the hell is up with this? Is this a translation problem? And what language are these being translated from where the writers seem to think calling a woman a beast is something English-speakers do?

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Never seen that. Japanese games with machine translation maybe? Maybe it was supposed to be animal.

D

Deleted member 2864846

Never seen that. Japanese games with machine translation maybe? Maybe it was supposed to be animal.
Perhaps? I still can't imagine a normal personal calling a woman an animal unless they were deliberately insulting her. I feel like "wild" might have been what they were going for, but somewhere a translation got skewed, or the word "beast"
has a different connotation in the original language.

• Angry
Reactions: Fenarius

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
The line between dirty talk and deliberately insulting someone can be thin, especially when it's a D/s relationship, well, you might actually want to deliberately insult your partner in a D/s relationship.

D

Deleted member 2864846

The line between dirty talk and deliberately insulting someone can be thin, especially when it's a D/s relationship, well, you might actually want to deliberately insult your partner in a D/s relationship.
True, but in all three instances they were internal thoughts, and none of them were D/s situations. I'm mostly curious as to whether there's a language where they use the word "beast" in that context. I mean, I've heard men described as "beasts" in a sexual manner. Never women.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
True, but in all three instances they were internal thoughts, and none of them were D/s situations. I'm mostly curious as to whether there's a language where they use the word "beast" in that context. I mean, I've heard men described as "beasts" in a sexual manner. Never women.
I've definitely seen something like "you filthy fucking animal," or women called cows, sows, or pigs, so it's not that far off. I assume it was in that spirit and it's just Engrish. Or maybe I'm totally off and it's just some weird Japanese thing.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Beast is often used in several languages as a plain synonym of 'animal', but also you can call that to someone with a raw behaviour, reckless. So it can have a kind of 'positive' meaning as you can use it to express even some admiration for him/her, which is the meaning in this context. She's a depraved beast = she's a sexually uninhinibited girl who would be willing to do anything to satisfy her lustful desire. Or something like that

This game's dev is Russian

D

Deleted member 2864846

This game's dev is Russian
I had a feeling that was the case. One of the others that used the same phrase was also from a Russian dev. Thanks for confirming, though.