HTML - Cambion [v0.5.2] [Chiakipus]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Lupiscanis

Solid game. Obviously the MtF aspect won't be for a lot of people, but that's why the site has tags after all.

The writing is good, the scenes are compelling and fun.

I'd be interested in seeing if more endings get added and what other parts get added.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

whotheff

Very solid writing. Some unclear stats and icons (tooltips can be useful). Text walls could be made more interesting with just a single image here and there.more paths are needed, more variety in scenes and of course - more content. I doubt someone will click it all the way to the end just to get a different ending, but you never know. Maybe a "return to an earlier branching point of the game, where you can still change the final outcome" option would be wiser. Grind is heavy if you want to keep the changes realistic.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Beggarman

In short, this is much of what I actually want from the text-based, life-sim-lite genre of games, in that it actually focuses on delivering some solid writing, without too much faffing around. It's generally hot and solidly descriptive without going too flowery or wittering on for ages, and so far there are a fair few scenes and variations, if you aren't just sprinting through them.

My main criticism so far is just the lack of content - especially if you want to push out to the far ends of the body transformation, you are going to end up repeating some scenes quite a few times. However, considering the early stages and what's planned, I don't think this is terrible, just something to bear in mind for the current state.
    I would also add that some content for alternate paths would be good (i.e. a more resistant approach persisting beyond the intro) but might be outside the scope of what the game intends and more just me demanding what I like.

A neutral point for me is that, with the game focusing on writing, there's not actually a ton to critique so far. Some people will be disappointed by the lack of sex gifs, but frankly I'm glad - at best I found them distracting, and at worse off-putting. Faffing around in general seems to be kept to a minimum and I generally approve of this, although I would like a bit more... I guess meaningful padding? Things that are story relevant but still break things up between scenes.

Beyond that - well, I'd say again, the writing's good, the game stays simple and unpretentious, just more of that please.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

frankensteiner316

this is a very typical html game, the type that you can find probably hundreds of on this side. And while some of them have a thing that makes them stand out a bit, this one doesnt.
    Ngl this isnt the type of game i usually try, mtf isnt really my thing but this one has an online version so i strted clicking. And there isnt much there, as far as ive seen at least because i gave up pretty quickly. Its just the same go to school - do repeatable generic sex event - go to sleep - go to school and so on. Theres just no variety to it, i played through i think 2 weeks of in game time? Maybe a bit more but ive already seen the same thing like 15 times. Granted its a 0.4 so one might assume theres more coming, but what you get rn isnt really interesting and i cant say ill ever come back to this game. Lack of any art also doesnt help, but art requires money and or talent so it might not be an option for this dev so i cant deduct any points for that.
    Overall id say the biggest pro is the online version, the writing as repeatable as it is isnt bad, there are definately seeds of something decent, maybe even good in there. The concept of the story also is pretty dope.
    Cons however outweight that badly imo. It just gets boring very quick due to how repeatable it is. I cannot stress that enuough. Also the ui is kinda weird? Its placed in the middle on top but theres a lot of empty space everywhere on the page. Its a minor thing so disregard if you dont care.
    3 stars and ill never play it again but if you like html clicky ready games id say wait for this to be 0.8 and youll most likely find it pretty good.