Seeking "Came for hentai, stayed for plot"

carrier95

May 7, 2020
Basically I want you to recommend me games that actually pushed you to read the whole thing out of curiousity and you enjoyed it, even more so if you weren't planning to read it. Like for example for me, "L.Depth" is probably the first HRPG game that actually made me read it from start to finish and get really into pondering over its lore and explanations. Probably due to it being a horror/mystery game, the atmosphere grabbed my attention.

Any game, HRPGs or VNs, even if it isn't a hentai game at all, like Ib (and Mad Father and the like) if anyone remembers those? Anything that intrigued you, even if it's obscure as hell.

Preferred tags are horror, mystery, but anything serious works (but it can be lighthearted as long as it's interesting). Only things to avoid are 3DCG VNs or NTR. While what I'm seeking are stuff made from RPG Makers because of the examples I gave, please, avoid games that have RPG gameplay or at the very least, if it's not frequent. I don't want to grind or go for a fetch quest for some ingredients or anything like that, just focus on the story mainly.

And please, COMPLETED games only!

(I believe the other games made by the "L.Depth" devs have RPG gameplay but if they don't, please let me know!)

Edit: Another old game that came to mind and fit the title was the Monmusu Quest trilogy.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
The "Completed" requirement is really limiting for ero-games, but I enjoyed this one. For non-H, a good one for horror and mystery is , but it definitely has gameplay, and you spend more time exploring and sailing around than reading. Still, love the writing and atmosphere.

Reactions: carrier95

carrier95

May 7, 2020
Yeah, I know it's limiting but I really don't want a cliffhanger, lol. At the very least, the main story should be completed if they're still updating it with extra content.

I should note that even if some game is popular enough, suggest it anyways as I'm not that knowledgeable about indie and H-games, so chances I skipped or didn't know about it.

Thank you for the suggestions so far!

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
- Only things to avoid are 3DCG VNs or NTR
- avoid games that have RPG gameplay or at the very least, if it's not frequent. I don't want to grind
- And please, COMPLETED games only!
I'm afraid these conditions filter out like 80-90% of games on this site... Then I can only recommend Transylvania, main story is complete with multiple endings.

carrier95

May 7, 2020
Damn... Fine, I'd bite the bullet for the 2nd one at least, RPG grind, if you know any. As long as you felt rewarded by the end of it (story or gameplay-wise).