VN - Ren'Py - Camp Palut [Demo] [Bearly Playing Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Éama

I have only played the demo. The protagonists are a bit clichéd. The flirty, wild Amy, the Bigfoot-crazy Nat and somewhat nerdy (with nerd glasses, of course) Cassie. There are also secondary characters, some of whom I find even more attractive, but who don't seem to play such a central role.

And what can I say, Camp Palut convinces me and it is quite possible that I would give the finished product four stars. Up to this point, however, only Amy has really peaked my interest. I like her playful nature, the banter and of course her visual appearance.

When it comes to the love relationship, however, I find the depth a bit lacking. The interactions in the demo feel rather superficial and are triggered by choosing camp activities that coincide with those taken by your love interest. I would prefer more organic encounters, i.e. a bit more visual novel and a bit less point and click adventure.

The demo basically stops where it just gets a little more interesting. In this respect, I can hardly say anything about the potential of Camp Palut. It's just nice that lesbian love has a place here. But for a good rating, the demo simply offers too little. Oh and the game is no sex, but that didn't bother me so make of that what you will.