VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Campus Situation [v0.2] [WD studio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

m0us3r

TL;DR: Someone just experimented a bit, then that raw material went here. Do not download: 3,74 Gb of bullshit you couldn't play for more than 5 min.

The quality of this "game" is just bad.

The grammar is horrible; it's not just typos but whole expressions make no sense. Like, "speak of the devil" referring to someone not mentioned before.

Renders are grainy. The same models are used for both barmen (just different hair colors). Are they twins?

The story lines jump through scenes hastily and they are not connected properly. E.g. "the guard" (bouncer) seem to speak to MC instead of patrons. Then suddenly you are in a "sandbox" with not much sense. Then you have to fight with invisible arrows (no luck).

[0.2]
  2. 1.00 star(s)

TheWrongGuy

The renders and images I can see here from this page are great. The story line seems like it'll have some life. Then I downloaded and played the game.... WOW horrible execution of a game and the mechanics. To help everyone understand I played for 10 minutes trying to figure everything out. and can't get out of the bar. ? ? ? This game needs a complete overhaul! Here is some "helpful" advise Keep It Simple Stupid (K.I.S.S. for short version) the more you make a person think the less you have an audience for your game. I never got to see any of the models posted here on the posting of this game, except Kate. The writing for the game needs to be reviewed by an English speaking person as there was MANY errors. I am nice and normaly don't worry to much about English errors but since the execution of the game was SO bad might as well let you know how bad it is. 1) Remove the system of moving from room to room, like you would if in an RPGMaker game 'cuz Rempy doesn't work nice that way it's story/decision based game engine different style, than RPGMaker. 2) Make moving from room to room choice based 3) Have an English speaker review your dialogue.

Sorry for a bad review,
    Very Respectfully,
    TheWrongGuy
  3. 1.00 star(s)

McSweeney

This game isn't worth the download. Drops you into some kind of pseudo sandbox mode, and the arrows are invisible. Despite the other reviews, there is nothing here of worth, and quit giving games with "potential" 5 stars, it makes no sense.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

desmosome

[v0.12]

One of the most atrocious butchering of the English language. If you care at all about the writing, give it a pass until the dev finds a proofreader or something. I mean, there are games that have issues with engrish, and then there is this game where you will have a hard time getting past the first 5 sentences without turning it off.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

BackstreetKing

First, the advantages:renders looks good,character model looks great.
    But it has so many disadvantages :( story...bland and boring - trys to be funny but isn't funny at all.
    The author promised in the comments section to improve its flaws, which I appreciate.

Good luck with your project.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

LivingUnderARock

I'm almost tempted to give this another star for the quality of the initial renders, but the gameplay and text are just so bad that I can't bring myself to do it.

We've all seen poorly written english in games, but this is so bad it resets the bar. I found it unplayable.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

kehmesis

Review is quite simple: 80% of the production effort went into the intro and 20% into the actual game.

2 minutes was all I needed to delete the game.

The renders are very grainy. Lighting and camera focus is trash.

the , Writing is horrible and ,the punctuation makes no. sense.

Waste of time. Too bad, because the intro is pretty epic and got me all excited. The disparity is very disappointing.