Daz Can anyone recommend me their favorite daz asset pack for creating renders of shopping malls?

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I'm having trouble finding a good asset pack for creating background renders for shopping malls. Sort of like this one from this abandoned game.

Untitled.png

Bonus points for escalators. Has to be indoors. There are so many amazing malls I've seen in renpy games. And only one or two awful assets for malls I've seen anywhere. I'm thinking maybe the word "mall" is just a bad keyword to search for?

But maybe someone reading this has a favorite shopping mall asset they'd recommend I pick up and try?

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Unfortunately, apart from the one in your screenshot ( ), I don't know of any other assets of this kind. There are lots of them for single shops or shopping streets, but I don't think there's a whole shopping mall with escalators.

At least for Daz Studio, I know this or this for Unreal Engine which would suit your needs perfectly but I don't think it can be used easily in Daz.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Unfortunately, apart from the one in your screenshot ( ), I don't know of any other assets of this kind. There are lots of them for single shops or shopping streets, but I don't think there's a whole shopping mall with escalators.

At least for Daz Studio, I know this or this for Unreal Engine which would suit your needs perfectly but I don't think it can be used easily in Daz.
Well at least you confirmed for me which asset was used in the screenshot, as I didn't even know that.

Follow-up. Does anyone know a good asset pack for making storefront signs? I like all the like neon glowing signs and shapes. I know how to make a basic iray text decal sign. But in this screenshot it feels like they are using a sign creator pack too? yeah?

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Yep, there are probably several.
For example : The smiley neon is from this while the text probably comes from this or this .
Now, for more storefront signs, you can find a few packs .

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
There's this on renderhub, I think it might suit your needs.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There's this on renderhub, I think it might suit your needs.
It's pretty decent and on the lighter side of VRAM usage, which is nice given the scale of the environment. The eye test says that some parts will likely need some new shaders (might be tough depending on how the vendor UV mapped everything.). But it's a good asset.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Another problem would be to make the place 'lively', places like this are always full of people.
Even with a good graphics card, he'll need to make extensive use of billboards and depth of field on the camera.