Daz Can anyone recommend some prop asset packs for daz3d that have smart props?

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Can anyone recommend some prop asset packs for daz3d that have smart props? aka they come with poses for natural finger grip position to hold the item. Specifically looking for asset packs without the words "smart prop" in the title of the asset. (I already looked up the word smart prop.) I know a lot of asset packs for props have this as a feature, but most don't. The daz3d store is so poorly worded I really have trouble finding the ones that do. They don't always call it a smart prop, not sure why. But some prop packs come with poses that automatically appear in your hand and gripped with the right finger positioning. I hate spending hours trying to perfectly adjust finger joints.

Here's an example this asset prop pack has tons of smart props in it. Great automatic hand poses. But? It doesn't have "smart props" it has "hand poses specialized"... so if you search for smart props you don't find it.

Anyways I'm sick of fussing with finger positioning, and if anyone has any favorite prop packs they know exist that have these poses included I'd love to hear about them. That is. Other than the obvious ones at:

edit: I haven't tested any of these yet but these also look quite promising in terms of maybe being "smart props"

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Look at the library from Their stuff always includes props. The quality of the poses are good (generally the props too but I have seen one or two packs with duds) Do note however you'll find the phone under props not under the poses.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
STZ has some nice "smart" props and poses.
Like coffee, office etc..
Zeddicuss is probably the behemoth of such things.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
STZ has some nice "smart" props and poses.
Like coffee, office etc..
Zeddicuss is probably the behemoth of such things.
This is an amazing tip, I'd never heard of STZ before (and some of these seem like exactly what I wanted), and while of course I knew who zeddicuss was his store page descriptions didn't make it clear to me which of his asset packs have just props and which have props that are smart, but if I'm getting them from f95zone instead of daz3d then I can just download them and see if they're smart or not after the fact.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This is an amazing tip, I'd never heard of STZ before (and some of these seem like exactly what I wanted), and while of course I knew who zeddicuss was his store page descriptions didn't make it clear to me which of his asset packs have just props and which have props that are smart, but if I'm getting them from f95zone instead of daz3d then I can just download them and see if they're smart or not after the fact.
I personally use mostly free poses and adjust them. But i do use iV poses as i think they look better. Just a personal taste thing.

Just a tip.
Before installing all the poses and props. Make a separate folder in DAZ (or outside) naming it for example "test". Added in the content manager and dump all the poses you are interested. That way, you can delete the folder with its content later without touching your real folders.
Because these assets are the pest. Thousand will pile and be dormant for ages because one time you downloaded them but maybe never use them again.

If not specifically looking for "smart" props, i recommend to also look for free poses and stuff which you can find (example) on Renderosity and DeviantArt. These are my personal favorite. Though i did not come across any "smart" props there. Just an option.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
while of course I knew who zeddicuss was his store page descriptions didn't make it clear to me which of his asset packs have just props and which have props that are smart, but if I'm getting them from f95zone instead of daz3d then I can just download them and see if they're smart or not after the fact.
With Zeddicuss, you'll generally see stuff like this: or . For the former, it more or less says the prop in the title, though the keyword there is "and". You're getting the Flip Smartphone and the poses. Same goes for the latter.

But if you look at his store assets, you'll see stuff like "____ Props and Pose Set/Mega Set" (e.g. his smoke break props, for example.). Anything that would require holding in real life (a phone, cigarette, glass/drink/etc., and so forth) is almost always going to have smart props, as far as Zeddicuss goes.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I personally use mostly free poses and adjust them. But i do use iV poses as i think they look better. Just a personal taste thing.

Just a tip.
Before installing all the poses and props. Make a separate folder in DAZ (or outside) naming it for example "test". Added in the content manager and dump all the poses you are interested. That way, you can delete the folder with its content later without touching your real folders.
Because these assets are the pest. Thousand will pile and be dormant for ages because one time you downloaded them but maybe never use them again.

If not specifically looking for "smart" props, i recommend to also look for free poses and stuff which you can find (example) on Renderosity and DeviantArt. These are my personal favorite. Though i did not come across any "smart" props there. Just an option.
I'm not really afraid of posing things, OTHER than fingers. Hence why smart props are so appealing to me. Which pose packs by iV in particular do you mean?

Also I already installed 100-200 things, and I then uninstalled like 10 using DIM, but all the uninstalled things still show up in smart content and I have no idea how to get rid of them. People say go delete them from the content library, but they're already gone from that location as DIM deleted them.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I'm not really afraid of posing things, OTHER than fingers. Hence why smart props are so appealing to me. Which pose packs by iV in particular do you mean?

Also I already installed 100-200 things, and I then uninstalled like 10 using DIM, but all the uninstalled things still show up in smart content and I have no idea how to get rid of them. People say go delete them from the content library, but they're already gone from that location as DIM deleted them.
Usually you find them in runtime, data and props... it's quite painful actually

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
but all the uninstalled things still show up in smart content and I have no idea how to get rid of them. People say go delete them from the content library, but they're already gone from that location as DIM deleted them.
Have you restarted Daz?