Can I find out who deleted my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just had a completely innocuous post about guns removed on the My Sister My Roommate thread and the reason cited was "stop with the god damn gun debate". I honestly didn't say anything that could be interpreted as trying to start any sort of debate and simply made a casual observation about how a particular line of dialogue relates to current events. That's it. But clearly some mod got triggered and removed my totally harmless post so I want to know if there's a way to find out who it was so I can report them.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I just had a completely innocuous post about guns removed on the My Sister My Roommate thread and the reason cited was "stop with the god damn gun debate". I honestly didn't say anything that could be interpreted as trying to start any sort of debate and simply made a casual observation about how a particular line of dialogue relates to current events. That's it. But clearly some mod got triggered and removed my totally harmless post so I want to know if there's a way to find out who it was so I can report them.
Not unless another mod tells you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ask one of the mods that is online, I've had a post deleted before due to it being off-topic and one of the mods looked at the logs and told me why.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
bas? :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, it doesn't help to know who, you got to know why :p
The "why" is the problem because I think it's a pretty shitty reason. Honestly, what part of this comment says "trying to start a gun debate".

I know that @Sumodeine will have probably done this a while ago, but that part about Ashley and how she got the gun is even more profound given recent events. It's a harsh reality of America, sure, but the fact that this update with that particular bit of dialogue releases this week makes it all the more poignant.
The fact that there's no accountability for these mods is pretty ridiculous. I've been on plenty of other forums where if you have a post deleted or get any kind of infraction, you know who gave it to you and you can either challenge them on it or report them if you think they're out of line. The anonymity of who mods you for what on this forum is downright cowardly.

Reactions: bahamut2195

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
The "why" is the problem because I think it's a pretty shitty reason. Honestly, what part of this comment says "trying to start a gun debate".
even if not 'trying' to start a debate yourself it seems rather likely to me that your comment would serve as bait to others looking to do so.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
even if not 'trying' to start a debate yourself it seems rather likely to me that your comment would serve as bait to others looking to do so.
If anyone takes that as "bait" then that's their problem for biting at it. There was no intention on my part to start any kind of debate. I simply noted that a certain piece of dialogue was poignant given recent events. If someone gets triggered by that totally innocuous comment and thinks I'm trying to attack gun owners, or the 2nd amendment, or some shit like that then that's their problem, not mine because they're the ones misinterpreting my comment, and it's clear to me that whatever mod deleted my comment is one of those stupidly triggered people.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
If the moderator is so much of a coward that they have to hide, it's unlikely that their motive is legitimate.
Message Sam or F95 and let them know.

Reactions: Violet Valentine

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If the moderator is so much of a coward that they have to hide, it's unlikely that their motive is legitimate.
Message Sam or F95 and let them know.
Exactly. The reason they cited, "stop with the god damn debate", just goes to show what their views are and that they clearly thought I was attacking their precious guns and gun rights when I was just saying that a line of dialogue in a VN relates to current events. But they clearly thought I was attacking their "right to bear arms" and deleted my comment out of spite.

So how do I go about messaging them? Just send a PM or open a ticket?

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
You can simply follow the rules and open a ticket. Thanks

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
You mean besides everything that you post?
Of course. I would never violate a rule without it's consent. Some of the rules have obviously been drinking, and therefore are unable to consent to me violating them.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Holy Bacchus has solved his problem. So i suppose we can close here.

Status
Not open for further replies.