Can i port DAZ models to blender?

DarkEcho

Mar 31, 2020
Hello i've been playing vn games for a year now and i wanted to make one of my own

i know that most of the games here use DAZ but i've been learning blender and i want to make my renders in blender because DAZ looks more complicated than blender i am currently creating enviorements for renders but i don't have any character models yet

Can i export my models from DAZ and import them to blender? And how?
Thanks for your help.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Oh sure, it is exactly what I do.

There are about 3 major ways to do this.
Export as an fbx binary (my favorite and works when all else fails, but all materials are metallic for some reason)
diffeomorphic is really good as well, also able to import shapekeys, the materials however have one mix up that messes with people. There is a color multiplier node next to all the textures, the texture is connected to the bottom input instead of the top, so when people want to adjust skin tone they end up just getting a red looking flat color instead of what they wanted.
and there is daz2blender, but I've had a hit and miss experience with it.
I would recommend learning fbx as a way of having something to fall back on, and then trying out diffeomorphic, though the installation can be a bit confusing.

DarkEcho

Mar 31, 2020
Oh sure, it is exactly what I do.

There are about 3 major ways to do this.
Export as an fbx binary (my favorite and works when all else fails, but all materials are metallic for some reason)
diffeomorphic is really good as well, also able to import shapekeys, the materials however have one mix up that messes with people. There is a color multiplier node next to all the textures, the texture is connected to the bottom input instead of the top, so when people want to adjust skin tone they end up just getting a red looking flat color instead of what they wanted.
and there is daz2blender, but I've had a hit and miss experience with it.
I would recommend learning fbx as a way of having something to fall back on, and then trying out diffeomorphic, though the installation can be a bit confusing.
Thank you so much i will try fbx
And sorry if i sound too amateur about this but can't you fix models being metalic by using some nodes like coloramp in shader editor?