Can I run this game?

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
Apologies if I have the wrong section

I have Honey Select Libido DX 9 Better Pack and love playing it, but I play it currently on my Mac, through parallels desktop, using windows 10.

For some unknown reason it takes ages to load, and then when it does, it stutters and skips, I can play it, it is just annoying as hell, and this is even when it is the only program running.

I finally reached the end of my rope and brought a small laptop, to try and run it on, unfortunately I didn’t factor in the proper specs, so the one I brought can run honey select unlimited, the fakku edition, but very badly, so I won an eBay auction, for an Intel Nuc, and wanted to know if I will be able to play the latest version, off an external hard drive, without any problems, based on the photos I have attached, fingers crossed I got the specs right this time

Hoping someone can late me know thanks

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Err yeah, no mate. I have specs wayy above yours, and I swear to god the shit freezes when it is loading. It is not only a matter of specs, but dare say shitty optimizations as well. That laptop just ain't gonna cut it in my opinion.

Reactions: DrWho345

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
Err yeah, no mate. I have specs wayy above yours, and I swear to god the shit freezes when it is loading. It is not only a matter of specs, but dare say shitty optimizations as well. That laptop just ain't gonna cut it in my opinion.
Thanks for the honest answer, what exactly is it about my specs that won’t run the game properly? I am considering when I get it, taking it to get the ram upgraded, but other than that, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work, or at least hopefully better than what I have been using up till now.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the honest answer, what exactly is it about my specs that won’t run the game properly? I am considering when I get it, taking it to get the ram upgraded, but other than that, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work, or at least hopefully better than what I have been using up till now.
You absolutely need a RAM upgrade. Sad to say that 4 GB these days means nothing. The biggest issue I'd dare say, is that these laptops usually come with some shitty integrated graphic cards ( if any at all ).

GPU is very important, and so speaking of it does it have any? Or just some random integrated crap?

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
You absolutely need a RAM upgrade. Sad to say that 4 GB these days means nothing. The biggest issue I'd dare say, is that these laptops usually come with some shitty integrated graphic cards ( if any at all ).

GPU is very important, and so speaking of it does it have any? Or just some random integrated crap?
Unfortunately I have no idea, will have to see when I get it, that was not specified

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Unfortunately I have no idea, will have to see when I get it, that was not specified
Usually when it is not specified it is a bad sign, because it means there isn't any. Any running these games without it? Mmh.... bad, very bad. Impossible I dare say.

• Angry
Reactions: Sieglinnde

masternationbater

Jun 10, 2022
Dude stop buying stuff without knowing what you need beforehand. You need to do some research first before purchasing something and then going online to ask after you've already tossed your money away.

DrWho345

Apr 7, 2020
Just writing to let people know, the nuc arrived, I tried the game and it works spectacularly. Mission accomplished thanks all for the vote of confidence.