Can I submit my machine translated RPG Maker games on this site?

dustangelbreak

Jul 20, 2017
I'm currently translating a lot of H Rpg Maker games with the fixed RPG Maker Translation tools. I mostly do it for myself though, but I think it can't be hurt to share it, since the translating process usually took 3-10 hours. It's not perfect but not much less playable than MTL-ed sakura games on steam (Material Girl, Heiress, Dark Elf, etc).

So is it allowed here? I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and it would be great if I can contribute back some. Any rules that I probably need to know?

Hiei

Dec 27, 2016
I can't speak with authority, but why not as long as you list them as machine translated. I know I'd play them if they where HRPG's that where appealing to me.

Younger54

Dec 13, 2016
From what I've seen in the past it is fine as long as it is a complete translation. No partials allowed I believe.

Malkav

May 28, 2017
I don't see other partials here, the ones we get from ulmf are the completed ones, so I would suspect there could be an issue. Personally I am not partial to partials

dustangelbreak

Jul 20, 2017
I don't see other partials here, the ones we get from ulmf are the completed ones, so I would suspect there could be an issue. Personally I am not partial to partials
Me too. I never play partials haha.

This weekend is pretty hetic but I'll try to post some soon!

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
If the whole game is translated, but I can't translate the images, window title, etc, will it count as partial?
Son of a bitch still has the Russian text images...

I think if the game menus are translated enough, along with in-game text dialogue, to the point that it's playable, then it's okay.

On a related topic- we really need an Engrish tag.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
If the whole game is translated, but I can't translate the images, window title, etc, will it count as partial?
If the whole text in-game is translated as well as the items, weapons and such - and like you said just the title of the game (right? The one that you've at the top left side of the window usually) - why not? Honestly speaking, I'll consider them myself as complete. If the images not translated are not necessary for the game, who cares about them.

dustangelbreak

Jul 20, 2017
If the whole text in-game is translated as well as the items, weapons and such - and like you said just the title of the game (right? The one that you've at the top left side of the window usually) - why not? Honestly speaking, I'll consider them myself as complete. If the images not translated are not necessary for the game, who cares about them.
Any idea how can I upload? Apparently I still have insufficient privileges to post here.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Any idea how can I upload? Apparently I still have insufficient privileges to post here.
Like Darth said, you need to contact someone who can upload for you.

What you can do firstly, in the meantime, is uploading your translation on MEGA, GDrive and such (hosts that are authorized here. So no, for example, Keep2share, Fileboom and such. Absolutely not) and then share the link via PM to the uploaders/staffers and so on! So that they can create the thread for the game c:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It needs to be playable and understandable. Like at least 70-80% english. And use approved hosts for the links. You can pm a mod or an uploader.