Can people please upload to a more friendly web host.

helpmeout

Dec 2, 2017
I don't like mega and I don't like openload. Its just annoying because those websites are slow but why not google files or zippyshare or mediafire. Those are fast sites where anyone can dl from. Not really complaining but more of a request since I know the devs work hard but mega sucks because it keeps telling me that my quota is full so I can't download anymore unless I sign up and buy a package.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I don't like mega and I don't like openload. Its just annoying because those websites are slow but why not google files or zippyshare or mediafire. Those are fast sites where anyone can dl from. Not really complaining but more of a request since I know the devs work hard but mega sucks because it keeps telling me that my quota is full so I can't download anymore unless I sign up and buy a package.
Useful info.

Reactions: TCMS and hameleona

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
I wasn't looking for what was approved file hosting. I just wish people would upload to mediafire,google, zippyshare instead of uploading to multiple other sources.
Honestly, I don't like any of the ones you named.

Mediafire has a bunch of annoying ads, Google Drive has some rather low download quotas, and Zippyshare has a measly file size limit of 500 MB.

Mega has been the most reliable download site for me, despite my terrible Internet connection, and it's without the ads, low quotas, or limiting file sizes the ones you named have. I think that's why most people currently prefer Mega.

TL;DR: To me, Mega is the most friendly download site.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Google Drive has some rather low download quotas, and Zippyshare has a measly file size limit of 500 MB.
The way Google Drive process for its download also make it that you don't know the remaining time, and I find this annoying. As for Zippyshare, don't know why, but they never goes further than half speed with me, and I actually just have a 6Mbps connection.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I don't particularly like any of them and prefer torrents, which are rarely offered here except for the largest games.
So there. :p

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
and Zippyshare has a measly file size limit of 500 MB.

This is the key here. All of the Uploaders & Staff love Zippyshare and Workupload for their reliability and download speed. However Zippy has a 500MB file size limit and Workupload has 2gb.

kimoo

Jun 6, 2017
there is no problem with mega it's one of the best things about this site

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I use Nopy if avaliable, no ads, no quotas and only gets capped by my internet connection. Mega is the second best and easier to use unless the file is bigger than their data limit, in which case I just use a VPN.

helpmeout

Dec 2, 2017
I use Nopy if avaliable, no ads, no quotas and only gets capped by my internet connection. Mega is the second best and easier to use unless the file is bigger than their data limit, in which case I just use a VPN.
I do Like Nopy to but I just wish if uploaders would use mediafire to replace Mega because I seem to not mind mega but its so annoying when a upload server tells you to buy a package to continue to download. I will donate if I have money. Mega keeps telling me to make a new account and buy a package to download.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I wasn't looking for what was approved file hosting. I just wish people would upload to mediafire,google, zippyshare instead of uploading to multiple other sources.
I think the sites that are used are for the majority of members, not for just one member. I do not see any other members complaining about Mega, only you. Maybe your problem with Mega is on your own end, I have never had any problems with Mega in the past.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
MEGA
The "free user" daily limit on Mega is quite reasonable for the average person. It should allow you to download a few games each day. By the time you finish playing those, your quota should reset so you can download more.
I've herd some complaints where some people thought that mega had failed or crashed, because of a bug feature in their system where it falsely reports that it's 99% complete when it's really only 49% finished. Hopefully they will sort that out in the future.
If you cancel, or restart a download, mega counts that against your quota, so be patient and 1508.jpg just let it finish.

Zippyshare
Zippyshare is incredibly fast, and as far as I can tell, has no limit to the number of downloads. The maximum filesize for a single file is 500 MB. but in my experience this is not a bad thing. When someone downloads a 3gb file and their power goes out in the middle of it, they get angry. You might still get angry if the power goes out when you download part1.rar, part2.rar, part3.rar, and part4.rar SIMULTANEOUSLY from zippyshare, and all 4 downloads fail at once, but how often does your power go out? If you download one part at a time, and you lose one along the way, you only have to re-download the part you need, rather than having to re-download the entire 3gb. Zippyshare is hands-down the fastest host on the planet, where I live at least.