Seeking Can someone who also reads all text fantasy novels please tell me how to explain to VN fans what descriptive combat and combat scenes are?

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
To make sure you understand what I'm trying to say, can you please tell me your favorite all text fantasy novel series that you've read. Mine is Night Angel by Brent Weeks.

So it's like this.

I've made some topics requesting Visual Novels with descriptive combat, and try as I might, people assume that I mean combat as in a combat system in a video game like Final Fantasy or The Last of Us. Can you tell me how to describe what I mean please?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There's whole articles on descriptive combat for use in D&D all over the internet.
It can be adapted.

Think of it this way:
"Cloud casts Fire1!"
vs
"Drawing upon the Mako in his blood, Cloud summons forth a swirl of primal elemental flame and hurling it at the harmless Chocobo in front of him as it looked at Aerith the wrong way, gets pecked to a bloody, quivering lump."

As you can see, you can even cross franchises. In this case, Final Fantasy VII meets The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

Reactions: cooldude33

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
There's whole articles on descriptive combat for use in D&D all over the internet.
It can be adapted.

Think of it this way:
"Cloud casts Fire1!"
vs
"Drawing upon the Mako in his blood, Cloud summons forth a swirl of primal elemental flame and hurling it at the harmless Chocobo in front of him as it looked at Aerith the wrong way, gets pecked to a bloody, quivering lump."

As you can see, you can even cross franchises. In this case, Final Fantasy VII meets The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.
Thank you so very very much!

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️