Can you create a 32-bit exe for Ren'Py games that don't have one?

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Why do some games not have these? Most have both, but some are 64-bit only. I like using the 32-bit versions because I can hook them to Textractor and let my Text-to-Speech app with Cortana's voice read it for me. So yeah, there's that reason and also because some games just make the text hard to read by not having a background or using fancy fonts.

INB4 just use Textractor x64 or Ren'Py's built-in text-to-speech feature: Textractor 64 hardly ever works with anything and Ren'Py only lets you use the default horrid, robotic male voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotKOplaue72
Jan 21, 2021
i think that the reason for this is because recent versions of renpy have removed 32-bit support.
edit: looks like the guy below me knows what he is talking about. but this is the short answer

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Why? Less work. Look into the lib\windows-i686 folder and see if the EXE file in there might work for you.

As a start:
Nvidia stopped support in 2018.
As of May 2020, Microsoft stopped offering 32-bit versions of its OS.
Less than 2% of Steam users in 2018 reported using 32-bit systems.

And here's a look at the marketshare over time of another that has measured millions of results over the years:
1662438277533.png

PS: If you're running a 32-bit linux - you're an even smaller group. Linux is less than 3% of the OSs used worldwide, and 32-bit is a small portion of that.

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
I'm not using a 32-bit OS, obviously those are outdated. 32-bit executibles however have certain benefits, like better compatibility with Textractor. Thank God most RPG Maker games are 32-bit, otherwise people would have a much harder time playing the Japanese ones with translators.

rorado

Jul 17, 2021
New Ren'Py games like Summer's Gone have a copy each line to clipboard option. Press "A" and check "Clipboard"