Can you make an adult VN for free?

bassackwards

Jul 1, 2020
I am very good with computers but I have no programming education. I have read and watched some
"How To" vids/guides and think I could make a ren'py VN. What I got overwhelmed by was trying to experiment with daz 3d. I cannot invest any money into this project but I do have a decent laptop with a gaming Nvidia graphics card. Are there free programs and assets available that a novice like me can learn to use to make an adult VN and if so what should I use?

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Yes, there are many options.

Ren-py - Free Visual Novel engine. There are free guides and tutorials for how to use it. After you learn the basic there's free information for anything you can do with it.

Daz3D - Free for modeling, rending and posing. There are some free assets for this, including humans.

Blender - Anything other 3D thing you want to make you can make for free in blender. There's lots of other free objects and textures online that you can convert to a format usable by Daz3D. Blender models can also be converted to a format useable by Daz3D. There's also enough free tutorials on blender to fully learn how to do anything with it.

Krita - If you want to make a hand drawn 2D game. Krita is a free program for drawing and animating.

All of the above are free and legal.