Cannot read property 'render' of null

Jul 29, 2017
So Yesterday almost all of my MV games stopped working.
1630895261585.png
I'm not sure whats wrong and can't seem to find anything relevant online.
Some games like Evil Guard give the same error but with more details.
any help?
---
TypeError: Cannot read property 'render' of null
Function.Graphics.render (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/www/js/rpg_core.js:1876:28)
Function.SceneManager.renderScene (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/www/js/rpg_managers.js:2031:18)
Function.SceneManager.updateMain (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/www/js/rpg_managers.js:1987:10)
Function.SceneManager.update (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/www/js/rpg_managers.js:1907:14)
---
1630925778626.png

Solved: It's a graphics processor problem. If you have more thean one graphics processor great just change which one you run the game on, if not you out of luck.

Last edited:

RPGMakersucks

Apr 10, 2022
Hey im sorry to bother you, but it seems youre the single person in the entire world to have documented this issue

im currently pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fix it, and just to rub salt in the wound im very much a newbie to RPG maker so i dont know much of what im doing

i made this account just so i could ask you about this, id really appreciate any sort of help

pr0dukt

Jun 2, 2019
Bumping this, since I too am now getting this error at start up of every MX title.. F5 refreshing will boot the games back up generally and main menus will actually appear that time, but generally you'll come to a scene after leaving the room you are currently in, than the engine will stop rendering background imagaes , thus putting the Player Character and NPCS on a black background until you reset the game again..

Annoying issue, if anyone knows a sure fire way to make this bs stop, I implore you to share your insight.

MagicKappa

Sep 23, 2020
I don't know if anyone is still having this issue, but I fixed it by updating my drivers and it fixed all the games that were having this issue.