Cannot run some exe files. Mainly from Atelier Kaguya games, an exception was one of Silky's.

beckytwom

Dec 1, 2019

Are some examples. When I double click the exe file to launch the game, nothing happens. I tried to download from numerous sources but does not work. Any thoughts on how to fix would be appreciated :/. Also, I downloaded one of Silky's other game, but that one worked, but sure why the other one did not. (I have Japanese locale and Japanese clock).

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
double clicking. No response.
...I just HAD to respond to this. REALLY.

1st of all, the OP doesn't mention anything about "Right Click > Run in Loc".
So I'd assume, he thought that as long as "LocEmu is installed, its a PASSIVE Skill, not ACTIVE".

[AtelierK] games, or rather HONKY-team in particular. I had to use my roundabout that solves this issue.
Where admin/click x2, even though PC is set to JP Loc; and game still won't run is...
"Running it with right click > Locale Emu" while still having the PC Loc in JP.

It won't do if I tried running it with just one of those(PC Loc/LocEmu only), it needed both.

As far as I understand, as long as your PC still have roman characters on it's UI. The .exe won't recognize it as JP and will force quitting itself before even launching; it will however, do some setup and "Checking".
Some people will think it as "AV acting up" and I think that is PROBABLY the purpose.

...It makes it as if they had some kind of anti-gai*in going on. Unfortunately.
As someone who admires them, it makes me sad thinking about it.