Can't add RPGM RTPs to Joiplay on Android

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Edit. Finally managed to figure it out.

My Google-fu is failing me on this one.

I'm trying to play an RPGM VX title through Joiplay but it says I'm missing the RTP. It directs me to the download on the RPGM site but when I download it, Joiplay cant find it. Extracting it gives me a folder with Setup.exe and a readme, but Joiplay cannot find anything in the folder to import.

All I can find via google is a pdf from this site showing how to add the already extracted RTP files to the com.joiplay.rpgm directory. Further googling says to change the setup.exe to setup.7z and extract it via an archiving tool. I've tried 7Zipper, ZArchiver and RAR addons but they all fail to extract, stating it's not a valid archive.

I have to be missing something but I don't know what.

Using Joiplay 1.10.038 with RPGM plugin 1.10.36.
Also upgraded Joiplay to today's 1.10.064 with RPGM plugin 1.10.46.

Last edited:

DKArthas

Nov 24, 2018
Edit. Finally managed to figure it out.

My Google-fu is failing me on this one.

I'm trying to play an RPGM VX title through Joiplay but it says I'm missing the RTP. It directs me to the download on the RPGM site but when I download it, Joiplay cant find it. Extracting it gives me a folder with Setup.exe and a readme, but Joiplay cannot find anything in the folder to import.

All I can find via google is a pdf from this site showing how to add the already extracted RTP files to the com.joiplay.rpgm directory. Further googling says to change the setup.exe to setup.7z and extract it via an archiving tool. I've tried 7Zipper, ZArchiver and RAR addons but they all fail to extract, stating it's not a valid archive.

I have to be missing something but I don't know what.

Using Joiplay 1.10.038 with RPGM plugin 1.10.36.
Also upgraded Joiplay to today's 1.10.064 with RPGM plugin 1.10.46.
How did you solve it. I am having the same problem.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I can't quite remember. I think I long pressed on the game and it gave me the option of uninstalling a RTP. Once I did, I tried relaunching the game and when it asked for a RTP, it detected the one I had downloaded.

Reactions: DKArthas