Can't find the issue with the script

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
So my game is mostly going to be a menu based management game
I wanted to test a new option appearing in a menu so i made this as a test

You click on "look around" and find a computer, after the small bit if story it goes back the the same menu and a new option should appear "Set up computer" but the option does not show up and i can't figure out why it will not show up. Can anyone help?

P.S. If i take the "" away from the "True" / "False" options it gives me an error saying its not valid.

2020-07-20.png 2020-07-20 (1).png

ar5n99rn

Jun 24, 2017
I do not know if you fixed it all ready but on line 300 in your first picture you have the word True spelled wrong. In line 300 you have it spelled Ture instead of True.

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
I do not know if you fixed it all ready but on line 300 in your first picture you have the word True spelled wrong. In line 300 you have it spelled Ture instead of True.
Well thank you dude, it took you 1 minute to figure out what had taken me hours XD thank you

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
"True" and "False" don't belong in brackets, neither when you define a variable, nor when you check it. Also when you only check if a variable is true or false, you can drop the "= True" part completely and just use if variable:.
Of course the variable has to be defined at first: default variable = False, just typing $ variable = False won't define a variable, so you'll get errors when you use it before you set it to true.

CherryPopKelo

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
"True" and "False" don't belong in brackets, neither when you define a variable, nor when you check it. Also when you only check if a variable is true or false, you can drop the "= True" part completely and just use if variable:.
Of course the variable has to be defined at first: default variable = False, just typing $ variable = False won't define a variable, so you'll get errors when you use it before you set it to true.
Thank you, you saved me a few more problems