Daz Can't get a good Shy yet Lewd expressions for Daz studio?

Apr 18, 2021
I can't seem to get any good "shy" "nervous" "innocent" "surprised" kind of expressions from Daz Studio, G8 or G8.1
All of the "seductive" poses seem very bold, very obvious and not conducive to a shy yet happy character doing something lewd that would embarrass them externally but excite them internally. "Surprise" expressions in Daz look like horrified or in pain. I'm looking for something more subtle, nuanced, like shock or humiliation that isn't terrified or painful but happy instead.
This is a complicated thing to get across in Daz so naturally, there don't seem to be presets for it. It's a pretty common idea in doujin.

Can anyone offer suggestions? Is there a better word for this or sliders/anatomy worth trying? Show me your examples?

So far I've tried iV Sweet Seduction and Slightly Shy Poses. Both of which are okay but not great.

shylewd.png

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I think a lot of poses work but not without some adjustments.
Shy people often tilt their head down and look up. Might not look directly at people or the thing they are interested in. So turn the body away slightly. They also make their body small so use poses where arms are close to the body and legs are close together. Last thing to look out for is that they often have a disbalence in their pose (e.g. standing on one foot for example).
As for expressions I mostly use the standard ones but usually mix a few. (orgasm is a mix of pleased/happy/excitement and anger/pain for instance) In the case of shyness you'll probably want to tone down the expressions to 20-40% or so. Use smile a lot.
Here is a recent example.
Valentine 2023-4-1_HD.png Valentine 2023-4-2_HD.png

Reactions: Alcarinn

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
*Real* natural expression are a league above what can Daz framework can provide (outside very neutral ones). That being said, you can make compromise, you've got simili facs and some subD to play with. Also work with real references to match, mangas ain't gonna really help there tbh.

Reactions: osanaiko

dynamix911

Dec 24, 2018
I've never had a ton of luck getting good looks with the pre-canned expressions packs. Usually some of them will look okay but most just look odd to me. It also varies from figure to figure.

I've taken to just dialing in my expressions with the facial controls that come with G8 and 8.1, and have gotten pretty used to it. I like to build my expressions from the top down, as I find nailing the brow and eyes to be critical.

Here's my G8.1 base expression:
base1.png

For a shy/surprised look, I'd go with inner brow up, outer brow down, wide eyes, and head tilted downward with eyes looking up. Here's how it looks with only those changes:
brow+eyes.png
Pretty big difference already. Now, to finish it out I could either go with more of a surprised mouth pose (open jaw, funnel/pucker lips) - or more of a shy pose (pressed mouth, pushed slightly to the side). I also squinted the cheeks and adjusted the head/eye positions to match the look I was going for. Finally, adding some blush in photoshop really brings it together. Here are two finalized examples:

Surprised+Shy:
shy1.1.png

Shy+Surprised:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i found these were fitting.

The DAZ link doesn't seem to work but they are nice and "normal". These are from EJ.

But any expression can surely be done if one uses the dials and has a photo in front to copy the face into DAZ. Takes a lot of work though.

• Red Heart
Apr 18, 2021
I've never had a ton of luck getting good looks with the pre-canned expressions packs. Usually some of them will look okay but most just look odd to me. It also varies from figure to figure.

I've taken to just dialing in my expressions with the facial controls that come with G8 and 8.1, and have gotten pretty used to it. I like to build my expressions from the top down, as I find nailing the brow and eyes to be critical.

Here's my G8.1 base expression:
View attachment 2454553

For a shy/surprised look, I'd go with inner brow up, outer brow down, wide eyes, and head tilted downward with eyes looking up. Here's how it looks with only those changes:
View attachment 2454554
Pretty big difference already. Now, to finish it out I could either go with more of a surprised mouth pose (open jaw, funnel/pucker lips) - or more of a shy pose (pressed mouth, pushed slightly to the side). I also squinted the cheeks and adjusted the head/eye positions to match the look I was going for. Finally, adding some blush in photoshop really brings it together. Here are two finalized examples:

Surprised+Shy:
View attachment 2454555

Shy+Surprised:
These look great! Pretty much what I'm going for. The brows seem to make the biggest difference. Too many expressions mostly ignore the brows but they tell so much simply by direction. Blush is also one of those things that is easy to forget but import... Thanks!

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
There is another one i can recommend.
101 Expression Library with Dials for the Genesis 8 Female

With a pack like that you can mix it. Makes it also easier and not spend hours on an expression. Yes, we all want that special expression and pose but it takes a long time to get it right. So with something like that you can cut the time spend.
Also, always look out for words like "dialable" or "partial". These poses and expressions are more useful.