hey guys, i'm having an issue playing the trial version of this game, RJ258111
whenever i click play on the main menu this screen appears Untitled.png
any advice would be helpful, thank you Untitled.png Untitled.png

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The game is trying to load the file:
貧民街~体験版1.00\貧民街~体験版\www\audio\se\se_Bt_077_パターン3_カーソル移動音.rpgmvo
Check if the file exists and if its filename is correct. I have attached a copy of it.

Reactions: aqousman

aqousman

Dec 11, 2018
The game is trying to load the file:
貧民街~体験版1.00\貧民街~体験版\www\audio\se\se_Bt_077_パターン3_カーソル移動音.rpgmvo
Check if the file exists and if its filename is correct. I have attached a copy of it.
thanks, but it seems like a lot the filenames are wrong in my folder, they aren't japanese and look like this
Untitled.png
any idea on how to fix it?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I agree with Bip, should do the trick. Install it, right click on the exe -> Locale Emulator -> Run with Application Profile

But first try this trick. Delete the game and re-extract it with the correct filenames, either by using Winrar:
[...] So i fiddled around in winrar and found out, that you can just unpack .rar and .zip files in "japanese code" as you will within winrar without changing your settings.

You simply open the .rar/zip with winrar -> Options -> Name Code *under Theme* (fuck do i know what the correct translation is - for me its in german :p) -> 932 Japanese -> unpack to desired location -> ??? -> PROFIT! [...]
or :
[...] Check the Tiles folder, make sure there's no files with screwed up names like Æ‚à‚É�AŽ. If there is you need to extract the game with something that can use Japanese characters, like WinRAR...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're lucky, this should be enough to launch the game.

Last edited:

aqousman

Dec 11, 2018
I agree with Bip, should do the trick. Install it, right click on the exe -> Locale Emulator -> Run with Application Profile

But first try this trick. Delete the game and re-extract it with the correct filenames, either by using Winrar:

or :

If you're lucky, this should be enough to launch the game.
Isn't that the unicode problem often encountered? If I'm not talking nonsense, you have to put your locals in Japanese.
Look at this thread.
the winrar trick fixed the issue for me. thanks to both of you!

Reactions: scrumbles