Can't play certain RPGM games

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
Hello guys,
for some time i haven't been able to play certain RPGM games. I know there are different RPGM versions, the games with the red dragon icon works well enough, but the ones which have icon of a house (eg. ICSTOR's Milf villa), i can't seem to make it work. Every time i try to run the game the game window opens and instead of the game it shows me a list of files and folders of the drive where the game is located. I dont understand what the problem is. Can anyone help me with this?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hello guys,
for some time i haven't been able to play certain RPGM games. I know there are different RPGM versions, the games with the red dragon icon works well enough, but the ones which have icon of a house (eg. ICSTOR's Milf villa), i can't seem to make it work. Every time i try to run the game the game window opens and instead of the game it shows me a list of files and folders of the drive where the game is located. I dont understand what the problem is. Can anyone help me with this?
Make sure you have the appropriate RTP installed for whichever version of RPGM you're trying to play.
RPG Maker Help Section

Back

Aug 3, 2017
There are several RTPs for RPG Maker, found here: . MV works a little differently in that all the resources for it are always within the game itself; hence, it does not have its own RTP.

It might be that your directory path is too deep or too long. Trying moving it to a higher level or a shorter pathway. (Sometimes these things aren't happy if its not on C or D drive either.) Check your anti-virus program(s) to see if it's not quarantining or deleting files straight up. You might also have just snagged a file or two that went sideways during your download of the game. Try a fresh download if changing the pathway doesn't work.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, you *are* extracting the game somewhere and not attempting to play the game from within the compressed DL file, yes? If not, then extract the download.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoneWolf999

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
There are several RTPs for RPG Maker, found here: . MV works a little differently in that all the resources for it are always within the game itself; hence, it does not have its own RTP.

It might be that your directory path is too deep or too long. Trying moving it to a higher level or a shorter pathway. (Sometimes these things aren't happy if its not on C or D drive either.) Check your anti-virus program(s) to see if it's not quarantining or deleting files straight up. You might also have just snagged a file or two that went sideways during your download of the game. Try a fresh download if changing the pathway doesn't work.
Thanks to your advice i found out the problem. The game seems to work if i place them in root drive directly, i.e C:,D: etc. but if i place it in a folder i.e C:/folder it starts acting like the way i mentioned before. Really strange bug, but atleast now i can play the games. Thanks a lot

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The game seems to work if i place them in root drive directly, i.e C:,D: etc.
If games work on the root, but not in /user folders you might have characters in your windows username " / \ [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < > that are not allowed. these can cause other problems besides games.

LoneWolf999

Mar 25, 2017
If games work on the root, but not in /user folders you might have characters in your windows username " / \ [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < > that are not allowed. these can cause other problems besides games.

there was a - in my account name, not sure if that also causes trouble. Nonetheless i've changed the name so that there are no characters except alphabets. Thanks a lot!