Can’t play

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
Why are most of the Renpy games that I download on Android not loading, I’m using JoiPlay is there something else I need as well.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There's no general solution AFAIK. Joiplay is only an emulator and as such it will not always work, the best solution is to download android builds of those games instead of relying on Joiplay.
Ren'Py games often get at least a third party android build, so just look for those (usually linked in the main thread) and download/play them instead.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
There's no general solution AFAIK. Joiplay is only an emulator and as such it will not always work, [...]
Especially now that there's the 7.5 and 8.0 branch that evolve in parallel but rely on a different version of Python and Ren'Py core.

Reactions: Winterfire

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
There's no general solution AFAIK. Joiplay is only an emulator and as such it will not always work, the best solution is to download android builds of those games instead of relying on Joiplay.
Ren'Py games often get at least a third party android build, so just look for those (usually linked in the main thread) and download/play them instead.
Yeah that's what I have been doing, it's a shame there's no real solution

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Especially now that there's the 7.5 and 8.0 branch that evolve in parallel but rely on a different version of Python and Ren'Py core.
Good post sir. This truly answers the question why Ren Py coded games are not currently working on android. Great work. :)