Ren'Py Cant use renpy anymore

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Getting the following error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: Unknown DirectSound error: 0x88890010

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "H:\renpy-6.99.12.4-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "H:\renpy-6.99.12.4-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 474, in main
    renpy.display.core.Interface()
  File "H:\renpy-6.99.12.4-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 1550, in __init__
    renpy.audio.audio.init()
  File "H:\renpy-6.99.12.4-sdk\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 766, in init
    renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False)
  File "renpy/audio/renpysound.pyx", line 192, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init (gen\renpy.audio.renpysound.c:3951)
    check_error()
  File "renpy/audio/renpysound.pyx", line 61, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error (gen\renpy.audio.renpysound.c:955)
    raise Exception(e)
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: Unknown DirectSound error: 0x88890010

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
This is with a clean new project or even with teh demo project

Even when i use my old Ren'Py version i get this error.

My soundcard (which i have for over 10 years now i think) only has 1 driver and that is the one that is installed.

1577717011954.png
These 2 monitors are more recent. Could they be the cause of this error?
And how would i go about fixing them. (Will simply disabling them be enough?)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Check if "Windows Audio Service" is enable...

Click on windows menú button, and type/run "services.msc", then search "Windows Audio Service" and check if it's enabled, if not right click on it and select "Start".

NOTE: Some of the names may not be accurate, the equipment I work on isn't in English :p

Reactions: Mescalino

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Check if "Windows Audio Service" is enable...

Click on windows menú button, and type/run "services.msc", then search "Windows Audio Service" and check if it's enabled, if not right click on it and select "Start".

NOTE: Some of the names may not be accurate, the equipment I work on isn't in English :p
A reboot of my pc was the solution.
Most likely a service was restarted because of this. I got triggered restarting teh pc since youtube didnt give me any sound anymore.

The sound driver i use is a beta version and they will not make a final release as its a rather old soundcard. But its a really good one so im not replacing him.

• Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Shit! Sometimes I go too fast... I didn't realize that you were asking the question and you were answering it... and in the answer I only saw the image... no doubt, this Christmas is affecting me, lol o_O:ROFLMAO:

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Shit! Sometimes I go too fast... I didn't realize that you were asking the question and you were answering it... and in the answer I only saw the image... no doubt, this Christmas is affecting me, lol o_O:ROFLMAO:
Well in all fairness, when I posted the meme I didn't see it said United states in it. So I guess your not the only one affected by Christmas. :LOL: