RPGM Completed Captured by Dark Elves: Arachna’s Return [Final Edition] [Darktoz]

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes

Arthas12

Mar 4, 2018
54/75

This week wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, outputwise. I had to catch up with some renders and I fucked up a scene where Elorae was fucking you through the cell bars, and there was just too much clipping through, and I had to redo it a lot of times before it was right.

I'm 21 renders behind...BUT, after these are done, it will be a huge update, renderpictures-wise (367 renderpictures, compared to the last episode 25 pictures more...and episode 2 was already pretty big...I think it was the biggest but I'm not sure).
That doesn't mean the episode is really that much longer than Ep2. But it is a nice bump in quality. Most scenes have 1-2 extra frames (pictures), making the animation look smooth :)
So, in conclusion, it will most likely come out in the beginning of august. I have decided not to rush it and focus time on dialogue and ingame options as well. I have also placed all other projects on hold at the moment, meaning right now I'm only working on CbDE full time (when I have time ;).
All the time?
Well, ok...from time to time I get a character idea and create a mistress for a certain scenario with my new indirect lighting method, which is just stunning AND very efficient with the rendertime. Wanna take a look?

Now, time for the weekly feedback: This time I want to know something very specific. Imagine your dream femdom/futadom game. Do not think about the specific setting, do not think about the mistresses and how they should look, just think about what mechanics the game should have.
Should it be like Femdom City, where you don't see your character on the map walking around?
Or should it be like The Asylum and CbDE, where you can walk around and see your character?

Just your general preference. Usually, the onmap character brings some stuff that can be fun, like the exploration of the new area. And for example in Femdom City you can access all the areas with one click on the map. That makes it a lot faster, but also makes it feel from time to time that there is a lack of content, since you can access everything right away.
Let me know, I'm very interested. Have a nice sunday!
Stay kinky!

Fyi, onmap character is currently in the lead with 63% of the votes.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]

Now, time for the weekly feedback: This time I want to know something very specific. Imagine your dream femdom/futadom game. Do not think about the specific setting, do not think about the mistresses and how they should look, just think about what mechanics the game should have.
Should it be like Femdom City, where you don't see your character on the map walking around?
Or should it be like The Asylum and CbDE, where you can walk around and see your character?

Just your general preference. Usually, the onmap character brings some stuff that can be fun, like the exploration of the new area. And for example in Femdom City you can access all the areas with one click on the map. That makes it a lot faster, but also makes it feel from time to time that there is a lack of content, since you can access everything right away.
Let me know, I'm very interested. Have a nice sunday!
Stay kinky!

Fyi, onmap character is currently in the lead with 63% of the votes.
I don't like walking around too much unless there is actual content to explore. Otherwise the visual novel approach is better for my taste.

You can see her sadistic face. :ROFLMAO:
365406_darkelf.png

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Man it would be a real shame to see the series end, but at the same time i do hope the dev focuses on one game at a time.

Reactions: Choo-choo

Entropylol

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
1564522651727.png
last july update
Release Date: 11th of August (Could be 7th, could be 15th, could be 18th if things go south and you never know what life has in store for you as a solo dev, but you already know that).

I usually don't do release dates anymore, but people constantly ask about the estimated drop and I feel like giving out a date will lead to me having to answer less inbox questions, which leads to me having more time to work on it ;)
All in all, making pretty good progress. Have almost all new onmap characters done (only Malthara is missing), all the scenes done, so it is almost all about dialogue and implementation now. I feel like my english has suffered a bit in the past month (notice the missing comma?), mostly because of me not really writing in english but doing more render stuff, but I'm sure this will come back as I start to work on it more and more. Plus grammar and spelling mistakes are always the easiest to correct.
Not much else to say about CbDE, don't really want to spoiler you with anything, so I think we will just leave it as it is.
1564522431882.png

Question of the Week:
First of all, I know that these are boring for some of you, but you are the ones I do these games for, and any help makes my future games better. So help me to make better games for you, even though this post is about boring math and rules ;)

I am currently writing the setting of the future game(s), the races that are in it and the characters. I have almost decided on the new engine (it is going to be either VNM or RenPy, with (sort of) an onmap character). But one of the most exciting things for me in a game is character creation and character costumization...which means attributes and skills. And let us be honest, so far I have not been able to pull off something fun in my games in that regard (maybe femdom city mantis is a small exception, even though it is too simplistic at the moment).
Every videogame has mechanics working in the background as you might now. A player attacks an enemy, has a certain chance to hit, a certain amount of damage to deal and a certain amount of health points. Same when he uses abilities in a game. NOW! Since I am creating a new game with a new engine, I have to do that myself. There are popular core rulebooks for pen and paper out there, the most popular is Dungeons and Dragons (their newest version 5e, specifically), that I can use to develop interesting mechanics.
For example: Mistress appears in front of protagonist. Mistress demands protagonist to please her by licking her feet.
Slave has a dexterity of 14, giving him +2 (The dexterity base is 10. Slave has developed his character and put 4 points in dexterity so that it is now 14, giving him +1 for every 2 ranks above 10). Slave also has the skill "Footworship Apprentice" (he earned that by leveling up), giving him another +2.
Mistress has an AC (Armor Class, in this case it would be how hard she is to please) of 14.
Now slave rolls a d20 dice (a dice with 20 numbers on it. with his +4 modifier he has to roll a 10 or higher to succeed).
Slave rolls 8
8+4 vs 14 = failure
Slave fails to please Mistress, Mistress is unhappy, slaps Slave and is not paying him for his services.

This is what an encounter in a Darktoz Game with DnD rules would look like. In another PnP rulebook system called Savage Worlds it would look like this:
Slave has Footworship on Level 1 instead of Level 0. That means he can use a d6 die instead of a d4. Rolling a 4 or higher would be a success! With the d4 die the success chance would only be 25%, but slave now has a 50% chance with the d6 die (4,5,6 all means success). Level 2 would be rolling with a d8, Level 3 with a d10 dice and so on.
Slaves rolls 3

To succeed he would have needed a 4, 5 or a 6 = failure
Slave fails to please Mistress, Mistress is unhappy, slaps Slave and is not paying him for his services.

These are just two examples. What I am trying to say is that I am currently looking for interesting mechanics to implement in my games!Simple enough for me to implement and for you to understand, yet fun enough to customize your character to your will and spend some time in the character stat screen :).
Maybe you have an idea. Something like: Hey, that Pen and Paper System: Vampire The Masquerade has an interesting system with Hunger Dice, you could use the system with a twist like Obedience Dice. Or: Hey, that Game Dead in Vinland has some interesting mechanics that I could see working in a Femdom Survival Game!

Long story short, I am too stupid with math to come up with my own system and I'm looking for "mechanics" inspiration, to shamelessly use my Kakashi Copycat Ninja Sharingan on. Let me know if you know something ;)
Other than that, not much to say. Hang in, Episode 3 is going to drop soon ;)

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
From what I understand this game will end in the next episode?
Too bad, I always liked drows for their rudeness and sadism, a black stoned heart inside a shell of pure black evil carbon skin. :/
I hope maybe they will re-use this plot for the new game like a sequel or a spin-off.

Reactions: aspi45
3.70 star(s) 41 Votes