Caribdis compared to other Honey Select game makers

Feb 1, 2022
So if no one answers it is chill, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on why Caribdis's games, specifically Eternum, seems like it has a lot higher quality images and animation than other games that also use Honey Select 2. Is it just that they have a beefy ass computer that can push out higher stuff? Or do do they like mod the hell out of it to make the characters and backgrounds look a lot better than base Honey Select. Just curious if anyone can comment on what they think!

hentiEnjoyer

May 15, 2021
Check Caribdis' first game, it's Honey Select 1 (I might be wrong, but it doesn't look like HS2) and it looks good. You can tell it's a little flat, but models are nice, writing is ok and there's actual story thought out from start to finish. It's solid. Kinda looks better than most HS2 games you see recently. Also Harem Hotel - HS1, but it's still solid.

Now HS2 won't make your games look great and there's a lot of... I dunno how to call it... amateurism (?) in creating HS2 games. The tool is full of features that can make it look like Eternum, but most never bother to learn them. Why most HS2-based games look so scuffed is... *drumroll* ... shitty lighting. They just use whatever the map came with, there's shadows across character faces, it's hard to see, you don't know what to focus on in the picture, etc. Where Caribdis' work shines is careful attention to "cinema/movie/photography" experience. That's why he's using maps you've seen 20 times already, but they just look better because he's using custom lighting. It's a talent combined with attention to detail.