cavemeng

Aug 10, 2020
i am just saying that you have several things in the game that are stolen copywrite material that you are selling and making a profit off of and complaining about pirates stealing while the whole time you are stealing too

Reactions: rspkers and $@~

Elrath Creations

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2019
i am just saying that you have several things in the game that are stolen copywrite material that you are selling and making a profit off of and complaining about pirates stealing while the whole time you are stealing too
When did I complain?:unsure: It also feels a bit weird that you are mentioning this in this thread only.

• Angry
Reactions: bryonsmothers3DX

JackoLant

Aug 6, 2016
I think you got the wrong idea here about what I mean with not visible. The tier 1 stuff can be summarized with a thank you message when quitting the game instead of what you see in the public version. It felt like it does not make sense to see that message when you are already a Patron. The tier 2 stuff can be summarized as custom images when the time advances (e.g. the custom renders that GamleErik89 mentioned).

As I said: I have read the concerns and will keep it in mind. However, for me it feels like you completely ignored the point of my comment and are nitpicking on the Tier 1/2 stuff. Also, even if I decide to include the bonus content in the public version by your logic the damage has already been done.
I did, in fact, get the wrong idea there, I have absolutely no problem with things like those specific examples. As such, please ignore everything I said about Tier 1 and 2 content.

Based on what I read so far it seemed like a good idea to remove the mentions of Patron content (in the current update) excluding when quitting the game. These are:
  • The option with Nora.
  • The duck mentioning Patreon only content. In order not to accidently break anything he stays and just says something else a goose would say.
I will think this through while working on the next update.
While a half step in the right direction, this seems more like a bandaid than a solution to the actual problem of paywalls. Now you have the situation where, if someone does not know plays the game, they will feel betrayed upon learning that content was cut.

Truly, I expect at best you will be seeing a lot more actual piracy of your game as long as there are paywalls in it, regardless of whether it is obviously there or not. this is, obviously, a piracy forum and people tend to not take well to this as we have shown.

Jun 6, 2021
Oh this is beautiful. It's not often such perfection rolls into your lap. Some people here know I am an attorney. Those that know this know the kind I am and some of the people I work with as I've been on several shows. I mean just imagine what kind of amazing situation it would be if you were an attorney and a former client had a clip in a game without permission. Now imagine that game was commercial and royalties weren't paid. One might say it's a form of....emotional damage.

However shall we handle this F95?

ScentedElf

Jan 9, 2020
Added Nora's T3 option to the public
I just wanted to say to the dev thank you for taking what we said into consideration and actually acting upon it. I know that it may have felt harsh to have so many people focus on nothing but the paywall issue and point out the errors in using such a method, but I'm glad that this is the result. I saw the dev's post on patreon referring to the backlash on here and I just wanted to stress again that nobody was speaking out of malice. The paywall was just a big concern for most of us that we felt the need to address early on while it still only affected very little content before it developed into something bigger where every lewd scene had something locked behind a subscription. I would like to say I personally wouldn't have even bothered discussing this topic if the game wasn't good. The game has a lot of potential and great animations. The story atm is hard to track I'll admit, but I imagine that's just something people will need to be patient for as the story builds up to some big reveals. Also while I can't speak for others I'm sure some of them also only bothered providing feedback because they liked the game to some extent.

As for the new update, the new scene was great. Although, it still isn't very clear what caused this or the Nora scene to occur, but the character's reactions clearly shows this is intentionally confusing. I also really liked the part where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR Thank you to the dev for trying their hardest to swallow their pride and listening to the community on here and hopefully this update is a step in the right direction both for the technical side of things as well as future story developments.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
This is mostly as a comment for the dev, because judging by a quick glance @ the patreon via the in game link this thread has been causing a bit of mental stress at least previously, so just throwing in a bit of support voice ig. I probably won't check if this gets any replies back, so feel free to bash the take or whatever makes you happy.

Anyway; I like what the game has so far, I enjoyed what there was to God & Void as well, so maybe the style is just a match for me personally and I'm overlooking things other people aren't. I always tend to enjoy the games that put a bit of memery and references into the general gameplay though, so again, flag that as a possible bias of mine to this if you want.

IMO the previous drama in the thread feels overblown to me though. The stuff over patreon-locked content just seems like maybe a handful of people have something against the dev to some extent, doesn't take much beyond looking at reviews to think that either, considering they're literally split between extremes with all but one of them right now being 5* or 1*.

I've definitely seen other games with the same sort of sandbox with Koikatsu character design/models (or similar) have patreon codes, gated-scenes or the like and don't recall the same sorta backlash for it there. The only difference I can see is the game itself might have pointed it out to all players at some point, judging by the response.

IMO if people are/were getting stuck up about that, I'd just say don't mention the concealed scenes in game. Have a Patreon post that tells you where to find them (maybe a phone app, in dreams, or a PC somewhere, etc, seen other games do all of those), and then gate them behind a code or something similar. Put the code on Patreon or w/e, change it regularly with patches so someone at least has to be supporting to send it here again. Some people get too attached to the idea of a game on here and forget the dev exists at the same time I think.

Feels like an enjoyable experience to me so far anyway. Good luck to the dev, will be keeping an eye out for game updates, hopefully this one will be viable for them long term, can't say I know their situation. If my personal finances improve anytime soon will be supporting the game as well.

Game feedback itself:
Only immediate feedback type note I have for the dev, consider giving us a text box opacity (or adding one) via a preferences page option if possible. The font/colouring is growing on me pretty fast and I kinda like it, but sometimes the colour matches up with the background and it's a bit of a strain/awkward to read. Having a text box option lets people solve that for themselves without an issue and cuts out any potential complaints there by supplying a user-side fix for anyone who wants it.

If there already is one and I missed it... I'm blind ig.

edit99

Aug 31, 2018
Doing my best to understand the point of view of those talking about a paywall, but it rather feels like people are just used to and expect to have the entire game for free on this site.
No, they just dislike being baited, teased or locked out. It's perfectly fine to have extra stuff for supporters if done in a way that doesn't disturb the free experience, but if a scene stops midway anyone would be upset.

Last edited:

Dreamcrusher

Feb 5, 2020
Haven't heard of the previous game so far. But that's not important, I like the character designs. we need more high quality models being used in koikatsu engine, too many settle for mediocrity.

Reactions: wiseold6996
3.30 star(s) 12 Votes