Certain RPGM games just a black screen

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
Idk what exactly is causing this but I can play most RPGM games perfectly fine, but certain ones like this one: https://f95zone.to/threads/tims-adventures-v0-1-0-err-yopo.210320/

It's just a black screen. I open the game, the intro sequence plays out and I can see that perfectly fine, but then when it goes to the actual main menu, I can hear music, I can use my arrow keys to move around in the menu and I can even start the game, but it's all just a black screen. This has happened a few times before on other games, but most of the time it works fine.

Kallel69

Mar 3, 2018
I can't be sure, could be a number of things or something very simple. Simple being that your missing a tool to play the game correctly, like i remember i had simular issues long time ago and all i needed to do was download and install a thing to run games made with that engine/tool (like a rpg maker thing).
Also im assuming your using windows, linux ive found is more complicated and runs into those issues a lot.
Another, simular simple problem, could be you don't have the japanese or localizer installed on your comp.
Check to see what dependencies the game has and the tools used to make it and where it was made, could be a dependency issue.