Ren'Py - Champion of Realms [v0.88] [Zimon]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Bingoogus

If you have half an idea what kind of game this is then you'll more than likely be entertained by it for a fair few hours but don't go in expecting anything truly worth your time. Whilst there are some lovable characters the story is so aimless and unsure of itself it's hard to get lost in it. The dev very much seems to think his OC MC is super cool and kick ass but he actually comes across as a bit of a dunce and his tendency to go into super saiyan mode only to fizzle out before doing anything spectacular is completely comedic at this point.

Come for Tsukiko, leave with a hop, there's not much else to see here.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

DES818

i like this game alot. fresh for me after so many games of ugly creepy pale skeleton looking mcs. the chars are well written and look very good. not sure why all the hate i personally dont give a fuck about the drama. im here for creative story's and enjoyable entertainment. im actually enjoying this game more than most games rated 5 stars. i wish good luck to the creator and will keep an eye on his future games as well.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

molitar

The game use to be one of my favorites but as the developer keeps wanting to work on making a UI that has awful contrast of colors and bad functionality. Focus has left the great story and now appears to be mainly on the UI.

So if you do not care about a story that progresses and just keeps getting visual UI updates to the point the story becomes second than this is your game. If you just want pretty graphics and good looking h-scenes and not worried about a story or a good functional navigation again this game is for you. It takes about 6-10 updates to see any progress to the story at all as the rest of the time is a couple new events with a girl but the story progresses at a snails pace that appears that the story is secondary to anything.

Art: 5/5
    Sound: 2/5 (No variety and no sound for scenes)
    Game Play: 2/5 (marred under a horrible UI that use to be functional)
    UI: 1/5
    Updates: Often but mostly on UI changes than real story updates

Problems with UI.

1. Girls status check no next button now have to go back to x than remember what girl you just looked at and click next girl.. awful
    2. Map does not show girls anymore (girls never go out anymore.. like no school or library work?)
    3. Big Gray Ugly Square buttons for action and such detract from rest of UI as it does not match in colors with rest of the screen.
    4. Talk to girls and decide not to do an action the and hit the back arrow it takes you all the way to your bedroom and not back to the choices
    5. Inventory screen looks worst than it originally did
    6. Talk to girls now is like a shitty AI game. Click on girl > select Talk > click on ugly speech bubble > now type for example Hello. Reply does not understand what your saying.
    7. The girls cards have clashing colors and too much on screen.

I prefer a game that has a mediocre user interface but has a great story and ease of use in functionality, when you go off on a tangent and worry about UI than story and game play you can't give the game a good review.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Wafflewaffuru

If you're looking for a game with an immense variety of waifus to match your cultured tastes, Champion of Realms is the game for you. You have your tsundere, your kuudere, your deredere, your himedere, I'd even wager Tsukiko is a down low yandere. You have your super mega loyal to a fault girl, and even your pet that loves you blindly and wants to fuck you 24/7. The story for each girl is great, and the main story is chefs kiss. There's tons of lewd but there's tons of love and wholesomeness too. Overall, I can't wait for more.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

The Silent Arrow

This game is amazing, not a game on this site or other sites that is similar to this. It's unique, and amazing to play. The developer is one of the most kind, and honest guys out there. I don't think the game copied any game because he has honor, integrity, and honest. This game is in my top 5, and it's in the top 1 for me in my opinion. You can either love it or hate it but you can't deny that the Dev is being hard everyday on himself by making these weekly side quests uploads, and a new bi-monthly upload for the main quest. The renders, and the animations are on point. Nothing bad comes from playing the game. Try it too!!
    I forgot to add that this game has a great background story with amazing characters, unique as well, and the characters aren't copied, and it can't be found in any other games with the same body features, especially the faces.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sirmetana

Do I even need to introduce this title ?
    Champion of Realms is a story driven Visual Novel type of game centered about a young man thrown in the middle of a mythological conflict. He will unravel mysteries around himself and try to protect all the girls he will meet on the way. Each character is, for lack of a better term, characterized very differently and yet they surprisingly feel really great on their own and together.
    What I particularly liked about the story is that it's told in a way that makes you feel the universe evolving. The world becomes bigger with every discovery, some personnalities get tempered, other get strengthened. And the Dev (Zimon, my man) seems to always try to make sure that everyone gets screen time, that each can have their place in the story. Story that, so far, has succeeded in maintaing a nice balance between world building and character development without throwing too much at the same time.
    As for the other reasons to play this game, why we're all here really, CoR is pretty dense in content. There are a lot of sex scenes (and I mean A LOT) with many variations and all of them are animated. Animation that only gets better with the updates, despite some imperfections. By that I mean that the faces are quite still and the loop is quite obvious to notice but since the loops themselves are of good quality and the expressions are really nice, it doesn't feel akward to watch.

To summarize, CoR is one of the best games on this site of its category. It has an unique universe and feel that makes you want to know more and find out what's going to happen next. Obviously, the anime style that goes with the game engine is not for everyone but I think it will satisfy more than enough most of the perverts enjoyers among us
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Sprintupstairs

The story is original, the renders look great, the game that runs fine without any frame drops, non Ren'Py 7.4 bugs aren't really an issue, the animations are nice and fluid, and the grammar is pretty good from a non-native English speaker
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Griffifth

I don't really like games that is like this.. Yeah the girls are cute.. But the storyline is the problem.. Just like when you MC is about to be killed we didn't even got a choice.. many people would choose to kill the assassin's... and that is one of the problem the choice.. we didn't have a choice just like the game is the one who choose of what route we would take, The MC is naïve too.. That's all.. I know that the dev put a lot of money and time for this but it just isn't for no for US there are people who prefer something i said like give US a choice.. Alright that's all
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Soulpuppet

This game is amazing. Great story. Each girl is different and each of them have their own charm, there isn't 1 girl I don't like. The animations are great!

Zimon works really hard to get these updates out as fast as possible. This game is a must play. If you like fun stories, hot women and great animations, you really should give it shot.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

choontz

I found it very bland and boring. You get no choice about being a niceguy, white-knighting for every girl you meet while leering at their oversized boobage in a pretty lame way, that is presented to you as humour. But there isn't anything funny about it, the MC is hypocritcal and can't express his sexuality cuz that will be "punished", so he is white-knighting for everyone instead trying to "be a good boy". These also seem to be the author's own limitations, and why the game cannot take a single step beyond the "good boy" lines drawn in the virtual sand. The story about the dimensional contest and stuff quickly got boring/contrived and could not propel the plot onward. The sex scenes were boring to the point of skippage, and worst of all, the girls had no real character or personality to them, and felt wooden.

It was full of my personal pet peeve: you have to advance the story with girl X to progress anywhere with girl Y, even though they have nothing to do with each other and their respective stories are not connected... Very clunky, and for me breaks the immersion hard everytime.

It had a lot of promise and a cool story on the surface, but actually playing it revealed Champion of Realms is a dud. Not enjoyable to play, not exciting or capable of capturing your attention, and not recommended.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

trynd

Probably among the top 5 worst games I have played in a year or two. Extremely buggy mess with bugfixes that caused more problems ruining save data. Scenes could be much better, they are just very basic. Most of the characters are pretty boring with not a lot of depth bar maybe two of them. If it was possible to progress through the bugs that I spent an hour and a half trying to figure out then maybe I would have a different opinion on the game and maybe the characters would actually be interesting.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Balance12

I been Loving the game so far, it has come a long way since its inception, I know Zimon is a very dedicated person that works on the game and the game reflects his passion for it. The story I always love it from the beginning but If I need to same something is that the HUB needs some work because it is already it kinda of unintuitive at this point. But I expect greatness from this game.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

anotherstranger

Slow yet steady progress, good characters witj different attitudes and yet not to heavy in the grinds .... it processes nicely and the story is well made, the world as is is big and has a lot of potential and options. a mix of p&c game with slight datingsim vibes

i started playing cor around 0 38 and it keeps me coming back as one of the view good ones
  14. 5.00 star(s)

cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Fun game overall. The highlights are romancing the girls and the dev seems to care a lot about continuing to make it a fun experience.

Girls are cute in this harem adventure. The breadcrumb trail could be better as there were many times I had to open up the ingame guide to figure out what to do next and I think it would work better if it was more integrated into the main game. Sometimes the dev seems to blue ball the player for the lols like offering the ability to Headpat Izanami yet not following through with it... Peculiar as Izanami is beloved by the fans to an almost psychotic degree.

Still with all early access games it's a work in progress and as long as the dev keeps working hard on it then it will only get better!
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Llamarama

Someone from Komisary's HHG Discord chat recommended this and I'm incredibly happy I gave it a shot as this VN has incredible potential! It has a captivating story, interesting characters, and a great sense of humour. It does still feels very new and there isn't a whole ton of content yet, but this is truly one to keep an eye on. The only cons I can think of is that there are some small inconsistencies between what characters say/do and the English at times can be less than perfect. It isn't perfect (at east not YET), but I do recommend you give it a try!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Joey's Conscience

Story:

In Champion of Relams, you take the role of a seemingly normal guy that discovers the existance of realms beyond our own. In doing so, he finds himself in the middle of a contest of power amongst forces boyond our understanding.
    The plot doesn't reinvent the urban fantasy wheel, but manages to stay compelling throughout. The setting is interesting, and it's all held together by a great cast of characters, with girls of varied designs, personalities and backstories.

Gameplay:

The gameplay is a typical sandbox VN, where you're free to visit different locations and interact with characters to move the story. It's a simple, yet effective flow. The menus are very helpful in providing you directions so you are never lost. Recently, the dev has implemented some dialogue options, which is a very welcome feature for me, and I'm eager to to see more.

Visuals:

If you've played a few Koikatsu games before, the overall art style will be familiar. However, when it comes to lewds, the game truly stands out, with several great scenes, and the dev keeps trying to outdo himself with features such as multiple camera angles. As far as Koikatsu games go, It doesn't get much hotter than this.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

xdx55

Absolute perfection of a game. Perfect animations, perfect characters, a story that goes well with characters. What more do you want? After update game got a little bit different, but in a good way. Still I'd have preferred different UI with less clicks. Story tracker is good, gallery is little bit lacking ( some scenes still not there ). Quests can be little bit more explanatory, but still a good game. Godspeed developer 9.99/10!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Signas

Hello again!
    It isn't often that a game compels me to leave a review. There's always so much to consider before awarding any of the five stars available here.

Does this game have a strong setting? Is there enough driving force with its plot or its "PLOT?" How is the character design? How is the flow for character development? The list for nitpicking can go on and on but at the end of the day, I needed to consider how the game made me feel and whether or not I enjoyed playing Champion of Realms (Version 0.40 as of February 6, 2021)

CHARACTER DESIGN: 10/10
    • What more could I possibly say? For any of you reading this, look no further than the eye-catching banner (or thumbnail) that I'm sure brought you here in the first place. I know that these unique character designs captured my attention!
    • Each character has its unique characteristics and design. All too often do you find overlapping similarities that are hard to ignore. In the case of Champion of Realms, each of the characters introduced has a design that is all their own and based on my dong-o-meter, I love 'em!

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 10/10
    • I struggled with this rating for a number of reasons. Ultimately, it was whether or not I could justify a 9 because the game is still in development or to award the 10 because of the progress you, as the Main Character, make along with your interactions with each of the women of this world. It was primarily the story surrounding Heramael and foreshadowing of the future direction for others that convinced me that the ten was warranted.
    • It is worth noting that it is important for me to take enough from the story to form my own hypothesis for the direction that X character(s) might be going. Based on the existing information about what defines and motivates them, I, personally, have enough to remain invested and look forward towards the next release!

SETTING: 10/10
    • Now, this is setting isn't anything groundbreaking that hasn't been seen in any anime or manga before. It is, however, unique to the tropes that exist on F95Zone. At least, of those that I have been able to witness over the past few years. Champion of Realms sets itself apart from the rest and provides a seemingly straightforward path for the main character. You know, to become the next Champion of Realms. Simple, right? But as you play the game you will be asking yourself why? What motivation to you have for this? The further invested you become you will ask yourself how? Zimon has set up a beautiful world for us and I eagerly await each new update.

*NOTEWORTHY: It appears that Champion of Realms has been having extremely frequent updates. This may divide many of you about what a creator should focus on when releasing an update every week, bi-weekly, month, year, or "eventually." If you ask me, I am thankful for any creator that is passionate about their work and delivers quality content with each release. This is exactly what I have been able to experience with Zimon's Champion of Realms. If anyone is genuinely turned off by the frequency, just wait or hey, remind yourself: it can always be worse! I am sure we all know of a few big name games on F95 that promise the world but haven't updated in more than one year.​

H-SCENE CONTENT: 9/10
    • It's not a perfect ten and for a game that has just established its prologue, this rating is fantastic! The length of H-scenes and animations could always use improvement. I'd like to see scenes drag on for a little while longer but I understand why things are rather vanilla at this stage.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EXPLORATION: 7/10
    • I've seen worse. I've seen much, much worse. I understand where many others are coming from when they share that they are unhappy with how you travel to and from different parts of the world. Much of this is currently being addressed with future development and I have caught some temporary fast travel fixes available for us in this current version. This was my biggest gripe with the game but after so many VNs, this was nothing!

PARTING WORDS
    I'll be updating this review if I feel there are ever any edits to be made. Will Champion of Realms remain a favorite of my games available on F95? We'll have to wait and see what happens next. To me, Champion of Realms was a rare and welcome gem. It was a wonderful journey as it was so incredibly easy to become invested in both the story and characters of its world. I'll be following Zimon and the Champion of Realm's progress for the foreseeable future with high expectations!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

DeathAl

A quick and a little loose review I'm sorry.
    I really like the game, it kind of reminds me of an anime and I like it a lot.
    The story (so far) is nice and I think it's pretty well written.
    The main character isn't a fucking extra in his own story, that's really good.
    MC powers are not mind control powers (I'm really sick of MCs that have mind control powers).
    The different girls are all endearing.

The only "flaw" is the story that does not move fast enough for my tastes but that's just impatience on my part.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    +We have our own lore! Its not that amazing or original but thats someting we dont see often in adult games so its pretty good thing!
    +Well writed and interesting story.
    +Well writed and interesting characters

Bad Points
    -Animations need quality improve.
    -Sex scenes more animated positions. And more attaractive sex angles.

For The End
    Its pretty good and well maked game. Just need some work for animations and sex scens and it will be 5 star rate! I hope you will make better in new update. Wish you luck.