Character design for a comic

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey folks.

I have been talked into making a comic based off of some of her ideas/fantasies. It will be a slow project as my own project takes precedence, but from time to time I will find some time to work on this.
It will eventually become a series of comics under the overall title of New beginnings. Each chapter will have its own heading and the first chapter will be called: Home comings (or something like that).

I will be putting different character designs of the characters that are going to be featured in the comic, into this thread and I will kick this off with an older lady: Liz.
I am not sure which skin type I should go with, so any thoughts on the matter is greatly appreciated :)

Liz is a granny at the age of 60 and is the mother of two daughters, aged 42 and 39. She is married to Frank who is a former Navy S.E.A.L who has build quite the successful company as a PMC (Private Military Contractor).

Anyways, that was the short intro to granny Liz and here are some images of how I imagine her:

Granny005_RedHaired.jpg Granny005_RedHaired_Skin2.jpg Granny006_RedHaired.jpg Granny006_RedHairedSkin2.jpg Granny004_RedHaired.jpg Granny004_RedHaired_Skin2.jpg Granny004_RedHairedFront.jpg Granny004_RedHairedFront_Skin2.jpg

Thanks for stopping by ;)

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I did some more aging of her character and set them up as a side-by-side comparison.

The left is the aged one while the right one has only had her face aged. I did some extra aging on the neck and I am not unhappy about how she has turned out (on the left!)

The facial changes are very subtle as are the ones around her neck.

Her breasts are now sagging, the stretchmarks on both her breasts and her belly are more pronounced. Her butt has some sagging as well and even her genital area has some protrusion added.

Anyways, this will probably be the last comic post for the week as I will dedicate my time to SotF for the rest of the week.

LizBackAgingvsNoAging.jpg LizFrontAgingvsNoAging.jpg LizHeadAgingvsNoAging.jpg LizPelvisAgingvsNoAging.jpg LizTopAgingvsNoAging.jpg
Cheers - Kaffekop

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Some (perhaps brutally honest) comments:

First of all, I don't find piercings or tattoos sexy at all on women above, say, 40. For a granny type, I find it quite inappropriate. In my opinion, belly button piercings are for young adults wanting to appear "mature" or "daring" but past a certain age you don't have anything to prove anymore and contrary to tattoos, piercings are not permanent.

Further, I find the model in the first post too young looking, especially her belly, ass and hips, which appear way too tight, and to a lesser extent her face as well.

The wrinkling effect in the second post does make her look older but at the same time the effect doesn't look very true to life at all.

On the positive side, I do find her hot in all incarnations. Which is not that easy given her age.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Some (perhaps brutally honest) comments:

First of all, I don't find piercings or tattoos sexy at all on women above, say, 40. For a granny type, I find it quite inappropriate. In my opinion, belly button piercings are for young adults wanting to appear "mature" or "daring" but past a certain age you don't have anything to prove anymore and contrary to tattoos, piercings are not permanent.

Further, I find the model in the first post too young looking, especially her belly, ass and hips, which appear way too tight, and to a lesser extent her face as well.

The wrinkling effect in the second post does make her look older but at the same time the effect doesn't look very true to life at all.

On the positive side, I do find her hot in all incarnations. Which is not that easy given her age.
Thanks and I am not particular fond of tattoos myself. Something about them doesn't click with me ... young or old.
I think I will stick with the second iteration of Liz. Her age should be communicated but also she should come off as someone that the protagonist would be happy to play with. And, of course, the reader would like to watch/find attractive to a certain degree.

I don't know if this makes any sense as I have come down with the flu and should be in bed instead of answering here, but I decided I needed a little timeout from my bed.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
This weekend I ended up doing some relaxing character design of two more characters and finishing off Liz. Her face needed just a tad of adjustment to satisfy me.

LizV1AndV2.jpg

The right image is the one I personally prefer. I think she is done at this point.

The next character I threw myself at was the main characters mother: Kate. Kate is a 42 year old mother of three. one being the main character (who is 20) and a set of twin girls (who are 18 ... of course).
Meet Kate:

KateChair01.jpg KateChair02.jpg KateChair03.jpg KateChair04.jpg KateFace01.jpg KateStand01.jpg KateStand02.jpg

The last character for the weekend was Kate's sister and aunt to the main character: Sheila. Sheila is the younger sister of Kate and a mother of one girl (aged 20).
Meet Sheila:

SheilaChair01.jpg SheilaChair02.jpg SheilaChair03.jpg SheilaChair04.jpg SheilaFace01.jpg SheilaStand01.jpg SheilaStand02.jpg

And last, but not least a family portrait of the mothers, so far:

ThreeMothers.jpg

That's all for this weekends dive into the comics.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Well, it turned out that most of December last year was a dive into comics for me due to some personal stuff. It turned out to be quite the therapy to be able to dive into that comic and do some characters that had nothing to do with SotF.
The characters shown prior to this post have been drawn into another project, that will become another VN, when I am done with SotF.
Posts going forward in this thread are characters from a series of comics and me uploading the comic (if that is even allowed around these parts). First part is available for download here:

Cheers - Kaffekop

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
First the mother of the household.
Maria Jones. Age 45, housewife and mother of Blaine and Janice. Married to Marlon Jones.

ComingHome.jpg Maria01.jpg Maria02.jpg

Edit (Added another image of Maria Jones):

MariaCharacterDesign.jpg

Cheers - Kaffekop

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abhai and Yngling

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Janice is the child of Maria and Marlon and she is the older sister of Blaine. She is 22 and attends Caltech as a senior which means that she doesn't live at home anymore but rather on campus.

Janice01.jpg Janice02.jpg JaniceCharacterDesign.jpg

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: Yngling