Character ideas,suggestions and help

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I'm making a erotic turn-based RPG in a fantasy/medieval theme with a more darker tone in the narrative. I have been ever so slowly working on it and I was wondering if I can get any thoughts and suggestions on one of my main character with the art and design( ex. looks like shit, wow that resembles a human being kinda).Pretty much nothing is fleshed out about the character so she can change, kinda like a blank slate but someone just did some of the components.
They could even be how she should or could act I'll take anything.
I could have gone the easy route and make it an innocent girl, but I wanted to make a more unique narrative to what I’ve already seen.
Also, throw any character archetypes or ideas at me for future characters, I can learn from everyone's idea of what a character could be an act in an erotic game.
P.S
I know most of this is pretty vague but i think its best i keep it that way for now also its in renpy

U

User_51567

Only advice i can give you on your character is.
"Do what you think it right and do what you think fits with the game"

A Character... especially one in a RPG game needs to fit the game and narrative.

Other people can't see what you want with the game, what you have written and what your ideas are... So the only one that knows how the character should look is you.

If you are depending on how a main-character should look on the appearance advice of dozens of "experts", then not only will you get dozens of different personal preferences thrown to you but also a blend character that doesn't fit a game.

So again... Do what you think fits your game and follow you guts ;).

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I really like the art, it looks nice!
The only thing I would change is the clothing... It has a too modern look, I would google some "Medieval clothing" or such to take inspiration from them.

Another advice I could give you is to make as many diverse characters as you can so they can stand apart but not in a forced way: They should fit the narrative and not make them diverse just for the sake of it.

Reactions: Nottravis

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Only advice i can give you on your character is.
"Do what you think it right and do what you think fits with the game"

A Character... especially one in a RPG game needs to fit the game and narrative.

Other people can't see what you want with the game, what you have written and what your ideas are... So the only one that knows how the character should look is you.

If you are depending on how a main-character should look on the appearance advice of dozens of "experts", then not only will you get dozens of different personal preferences thrown to you but also a blend character that doesn't fit a game.

So again... Do what you think fits your game and follow you guts ;).
I feel like you make a good point maybe I should just try and create something of my own and then bring it up on the table for others to poke holes into and try to learn from it. But I also believe it helps to draw from others learning new ideas before making anything in the world concrete that would be otherwised ham fisted in if I had a pre-existing world. But yeah I guess at the end of the day I should go with what I feel is right and that would fit in my game.

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I really like the art, it looks nice!
The only thing I would change is the clothing... It has a too modern look, I would google some "Medieval clothing" or such to take inspiration from them.

Another advice I could give you is to make as many diverse characters as you can so they can stand apart but not in a forced way: They should fit the narrative and not make them diverse just for the sake of it.
Yeah your right about the whole looking to modern thing with the jacket. I tried to go with covered but still revealing look and I guess I got derailed from the theme. And I'll try and take a more thought out approach with the characters.