3D-Daz Characters of my game. Need your opinion

UncleAi

Apr 24, 2022
Hello everyone. I have finished character design of my game's EP1. I really want to hear your opinion about my characters and renders.
For every character I listed several tags I hope to achieve.
Not all renders are in-game.

Katherine: MC's attendant and guard. Tag: Loyal, earnest, capable, brisk. (2nd & 3rd renders are in-game)
IKasE.png kas0.5.png e1s2_1E.png

Lou Gojira

Jan 5, 2022
You have an excellent handle on lighting and camera work, but if you don't mind, I'd recommend working on the faces of your ladies. They're all attractive, but they could all pass for being sisters or being related somehow. Nothing really makes one girl stand apart from another girl.

dabuty

Dec 17, 2018
I find the really similar. I had to read in order to determine that they are different characters. 2D artists call this the same face syndrome.
Look at different models for reference and you will see that they have different face shapes and proportions.
Give your models variation and contrast between them. Not only with the hair color and haircut but the actual shape of the face.
I think the one that stands out the most from the bunch is the first one.
Keep on working on it

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm in agreement with everyone else --- they all look lovely, but they all appear variations on the same theme. They could all be sisters - are all the family trees in the story simply a stick? I know you listed one as an aunt of another - but you gave them both the same tone of hair and they look maybe a year or two apart in age. While it's not unheard of to have aunts be near in age of their nieces, its not that common either.

Design one that you like, save that as a character.
Load a new base model and go hog wild on the settings until you get the next character you like. Save it.
Load a new base model and go a completely different direction with settings and then tweak until you get the next character, and so on...

That said, I would also recommend not going the Powderpuff Girls or Totally Spies route either - with one brunette, one redhead, one blond. That is just as cliché.