Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py [Cheat Mod] [Mod] [Ren'Py] Cheat mod for Bright Past [v0.99.3]

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Thank you for your mod (y).

I have a question that has nothing to do with the mod, but maybe you know it from modifying some of the game code.
Do you know what those icons are that some characters have in their menus?
Never paid attention to that badge :LOL:
MattLess is right - it is indeed related to the pictures.
The image is called npc_but_0.png in the \game\images\but folder.
see spoiler image

I had a quick look at the variables associated with this icon and there doesn't seem to be any connection of this value to anything serious. The variable affects which pictures with the number will be framed next to the character - numbers 1 or 2, like npc_but_1.png or npc_but_2_0.png.
Either I needed to look longer and deeper to find some connection of the variable with an important game event, or the game doesn't currently implement some features planned by the author.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kakarot0699

Jan 21, 2019
Hi, Greslux

When I press Bright_Past.exe and game is loading, I'm getting this error. Do you know what it could be?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\game/DATA.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\main.py", line 455, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 949, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\game/DATA.rpyc.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702

Tue Sep 3 23:17:58 2024

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hi, Greslux

When I press Bright_Past.exe and game is loading, I'm getting this error. Do you know what it could be?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\main.py", line 455, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\BaiduNetdiskDownload\Bright_Past-0.99.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 949, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702

Tue Sep 3 23:17:58 2024
Hi. Sorry for the long answer. Delete all the old mod files (DATA.rpyc or options.rpyc) and download the new version of the mod.

If you have something urgent, you can write to the telegram channel, because I always have my phone handy and I can't go to the site all the time. This telegram channel was created so that I can report bugs. I don't use it to gain subscribers or anything like that.
I will think about creating a discord channel for that purpose, because I know that not all European and American users have telegram.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)