VN Ren'Py CHECK OUT NEW ANIMATIONS! AMBATUKAM! Development Thread [Development Thread]

Oct 21, 2023
Does anyone know of Live2D alternative?
I don't mean things like Inochi2D, but some different technique completly, preferably less tidious to add some animations to 2D images.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023
Does anyone know of Live2D alternative?
I don't mean things like Inochi2D, but some different technique completly, preferably less tidious to add some animations to 2D images.
Alternatively - an alternative do photoshop. Because I know it has AI cutouts.
I could try to make a rig of a character with something like that.

Oct 21, 2023
Revelation hit me whilr thinking of PC again.

Meaningful choices can't be too meaningful.
Choices cannot lead to surprises and definitely can't lead to bad things.

1718029235735.png.jpg
That's how the plot graph should look like.
Like those Luna's ponytail braid.
Paths spreading after choice, going their own ways, but then at some point starting to get pulled closer and closer again, untill all of them meet together in the same Nexus Event (thanks Spiderman!).
A point in plot that happens no matter the choices - and this where you can put player deaths, NPCs deaths, kidnappings, plot twists, reveals and every other major plot points.
And where you can start branching again, spreading wide while moving towards next Nexus Event.

If it's not The Ultimate Way, then at least it's the closest to finding the golden compromise between sandbox and kinetic and making the most out of both Dev and player time.

Oct 21, 2023
is this just your little corner where you ramble at the wall and let the voices take control?
tldr - yeah...
Well, the intent was for me to have a more safe place than my harddrive to keep keynotes and ideas for when I finally start to make my own VN.

I am slacking, because I want first to be able to share my vision-vision - I am a huge fan of Live2D animations, especially Arrogant Kaiju Princess ones.
But the problem is, I am an AI simp, and I want to make it with as little human input as possible - and I was held off by how much human work is required to make a Live2D rig.

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko
Oct 21, 2023
Are you saying that the 2d anim in that post above was made 100% with a Stable diff (or other ai?) tool, and not manual labor with live2d?

if so... TEACH ME YOU WAYS! PLEASE! PLEASE, OH MASTER!
That's exactly what I am saying.
Although - to be specific - it was 2 AI's.
SDXL made the image, the other one animated it.
But the last piece of a puzzle - which was already shared - I left for you to find ^^

Oct 21, 2023
classic ai finger confusion
Yeah, and at this point in time - it's quite bizzare to see it fail so miserably just rendering basically static hand, while absolutely stunningly perfectly represent comples 3D shapes of breasts or - my favourite - the braid being visibly thicker compared to rest of the hair.
ezgif-1-9f5104d639.gif

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023
Ok, run out of credits on my accounts so Luma goes on hold...
I managed to get some tracktion thanks to mods action on tensor finally though...
Maybe I will sit back to the Live2D idea. Although I have no idea yet how to plan this out.
I am too inpatient to color correct things etc.
What's worse, my inpaint stopped working for some reason, if it wasn't like that - my idea was to gen a sprite, and then inpaint-undress it, to finally make some alternative elements.