VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Cherish These Times [Ch. 3] [Dartred]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Nessiah

Game had some potential. Interesting plot hook with the futa aunt. But alas it didn't go anywhere due to the dev abandoning in early in it's lifetime due to the game not making enough money for him.

For the last version before the game got abandoned, there's not that much content here either. So I don't know if the game is really worth downloading.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

RandyTyr

Here is how the game works: The plot is fully linear. There are certain moments where the MC could have done something different than what he actually did. At these branching moments the player can choose to see how the different choice would have played out (this is generally a scene where one of the LIs is lewded by someone other than the MC). Following the actual plot, we see MC moving slowly towards sexual relationships with his beautiful family members.

This game structure works very well, and most of the "but I would like it better if the game would work like this" proposals I've seen in the discussion are either infeasible or would be far worse.

However, I want to make clear that if you predominant fetish is "meaningful choices", this game is not for you. I suspect that the game also is not for hardcore NTR fetishist (not that I understand those folks) as we only see the NTR happening in brief hypothetical situations. On the other hand, if the thought of a cock attached to the (also very beautiful, just evil) aunt getting anywhere near MC's LIs gives you a panic attack, you're also in the wrong place. You could just choose not to see the hypothetical bad ends, but then you'd miss out of the majority of the lewd content, and frankly miss the point of this game.

Everyone else can find a quirky plot, well-designed characters (both looks and personality) and a good execution of the standard young-man-fucks-his-family trope here.

[Oh, and if the idea doesn't put you off, definitely try the beastie-patch!]
  3. 2.00 star(s)

TheAverageForumUser

Cherish These Times [Ch. 3] - Review -
    Starting out with positives or neutrals - Models are okay and animations are great . Moving on with negatives the choices in the game doesn't matter , you are given two choices but the other one doesn't matter if you wanna progress through the game you want to have choose the canon / normal choice . Then what is the use of the having choices in the game ? There is no consequences or outcome for choosing those choices in the game . And the Main character who lacks personality traits and annoyingly dull or bland . So in the end 2 stars for the dull Main character and a game which feels more like a KN even with choices than a visual novel .
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Kinky Bully

So, Let me sum up the game in one word:
    LOOOL
    To begin with, this game is a pure comedy. It has made me laugh a lot. Unfortunately, the game has quite a few cons which are normal for this kind of game. I will state the pros and cons:
    PROS:
    1. Good renders;
    2. Good looking and different models;
    3. MC starts as a pure loser but becomes more likable as we go on (So good character development).

Cons:
    1. The choices don't matter. They are there just to show you an NTR scene while taking you back to the choice. (Which is like no choice at all)
    2. The story and English are very average but funny.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

the_fluff

Being able to foil the plans of Netorare. Love to see it

Getting the one up on a futa. Love to see it.

Models are pretty good. Love to see it.

Story is not bad, has potential.

And I'm looking forward to more content cause when it comes to content for the MC there's not much yet.

I give it a 3.5/5 but since the rating system doesn't allow it, I'll be generous and give the 4/5 so let's say a soft 4.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

PatrickJ

CH 3 review -
    Tried this game for the first time , one of the games where I liked antagonist ( MC Aunt ) who is well determined and dominating alpha more than the Main character who is just a big beta and worthless imbecile who looks like more of a gay than a man and it would have been better if we were able to humiliate him and have sex with his family in front of him but in the end it turns out to be a huge let down where whenever Aunt has sex with them it turns out to be a bad ending for her and we have to go back to the previous choice and go for the other route or repeat the same .There is not much of choices either NTR scene or non NTR path . Mom and sisters are hot would have liked this if they were impregnated and most sex scenes are with the aunt than MC .Would have been better game if were able to continue with the aunt and those NTR scenes than continuing with a loser Main character .
  7. 5.00 star(s)

D Dog

Been playing Cherish These Times sense day one and have to say renderings and story content is top notch.

@dartred brings a view of the story that in my opinion is outside the box thinking. The sense of humor and characters in the game is why I give it a five. Will be keeping an eye on this one.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Daikurou

models are fine and animation is alright when it shows up. My main gripe is how you are basically forced down a path. I get that the futa and ntr content are optional, but this is too optional. You get to see what ifs, but dont get to live with the consequences. if you pick to see the futa ntr, you get your scene(yay) but then it just reverts you back to the choice. Its lazy and presents no threat the aunt character is supposed to portray. Perhaps later the dev could add in those consequence scenes and allow the story to continue after picking the futa ntr, but as of right now, your better off just picking another generic male has incest harem with his all female family and there is absolutely no way you get ntr'd
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Condemned77

I really would like to give this 2.5 stars if i could have done.

The whole story is kind of pointless as its about having the MC stop the aunt from taking his family but after seeing how much of a loser the MC is and what will happen to the family in the first "bad end" then the family would be massively by a huge huge margin be better off with the aunt.

Really who would want a loser who has to beg for money with no plans in life to get with the family over a rich woman who wants to and can take care of her family? honestly i cant think of a single reason to want to stop the aunt, yes she goes about getting with the family the wrong way but the MC is not going to be any better.

To have made this story make sense the MC should have been written as a much much better person with goals and skills or even just physically impressive to actually make the player want to stop the aunt by showing they would be better off with the MC because as it stands they wouldnt be, also the "bad end" should actually be bad because as it is now it shows a perfectly happy ending for everyone except the loser MC.

The story has some other annoying problems which with better writing could have been avoided like the finational problems "oh we cant maintain our lifestyle so we have no choice to move" but what would have been better and more realistic to say would be if the family choose to move instead of reducing there lifestyle because as we all know it is possible to live on less, another problem is characters not just ignoring huge warning signs but not even mentioning them when its way too obvious(the aunt might as well be twirling a moustache going Muahahahaha), other dumb things include the mansion being so big everyone makes a huge deal of getting lost but only having 4 bedrooms and no extra bathrooms(what is in all the extra rooms?).

The MC is the normal dumb type with no skills or interesting traits, the love interest women have no real personality, honestly the only character that is actually interesting with a real personality is the "aunt".

As for the art it is quite good quality with some great but short sex scenes and the animations are ok.

There are no choices anywhere in the game but you are given the chance to see a "bad end" every now and then.

All in all this could be a really great game if stopped trying to mix lightheartedness with seriousness, just pick a side either the threat to the family is serious in which case it should show a really bad outcome(have the family end up on a breeding farm as cattle or sold off into slavery, etc...) and the MC really working hard to stop that or the threat is not real i.e. the family will be fine no matter who they end up with in which case the MC should focus on just getting with the family for his own reasons instead of just because someone else wants them(like a child with a toy)

Story 1/5 (poor writing and a simple story)
    Sex 3/5 (good but apart from bad ends not much)
    Characters 1/5 (not interesting and a dull MC)
    Art 4/5 (very nice)
    Choices 0/5 (not a choice game)
    Kinks 3/5 (some but not major yet)
  10. 1.00 star(s)

anne O'nymous

Version tested: Chapter 2

I really don't know how to talk about this game. It's not a bad one, but the only way to describe it is by saying what it isn't.

1. It's not a NTR game ;
      There's NTR sex scene, they even represent most of the lewd content. But you aren't meant to see them. When they'll end, you'll be sent back to the previous choice, and the only way to progress into the story is to choice to sabotage the aunt intent to have sex.
    2. It's not a NTR free game ;
      The aunt is a sex fiend, she want to bang all the girls she see, and will do everything to NTR the MC. This mean that, at least for still many chapters, most sex scenes will be NTR ones.
    3. It's not a Futa game ;
      The aunt being the futa, and the goal of the MC being to prevent her to have sex, you shouldn't see those sex scenes.
    4. It's not a Futa free game ;
      For the same reason that it's not a NTR free game. The futa aunt will be part of most sex scenes for still many updates.
    5. It's not a corruption game ;
      The aunt is trying to corrupt the girls, but like the scene aren't meant to have happened, they stay innocents.
    6. It's not a romance game ;
      While not being corrupted, neither by the MC nor the aunt, the girls seem to slowly give up to their lust, this without reasons.
    7. It's not a story driven game ;
      At least not a NTR/Futa story driven game. Since the NTR and futa scenes aren't meant to have happened, no one will react to them. At no time the aunt will feel successful in her attempt to cockblock the MC. At no time the girls will have feeling for the aunt. And at no time the MC will react as if he was NTRed.
    8. It's not a coherent story ;
      Once again at least for NTR/futa lovers. There's three girls in MC's family, and the aunt already not (remember, it's meant to haven't been happened) had sex with two. When she'll not have sex with the last one, what will happen ? It would feel ridiculous for her to have sex with them again for the first time. But it would also feel ridiculous for her to advance in their corruption.
      But this also apply for the none NTR/futa part of the story since, as I said above, the girls fall for a corruption that come from near to nowhere.
    9. It's not a pure fapable game ;
      Two third of the content is none lewd scenes, what is way to much for a fap run.

I respect author's intent to write the game the way he want it, but it's one of the most niche game I ever seen.
    It's for NTR lovers who don't care about NTR stories. For story driven lovers who don't care about coherence and constancy. For futa lovers who don't care about the futa content. And for users who just want to fap, but don't care to be interrupted by long pure story parts.

In the end, it feel like a wasted opportunity to have a good game.
    It could have been a good NTR story if the aunt effectively had the possibility to have her way with the girls.
    It could also have been a good corruption story. The aunt being a sex fiend, she could have corrupted the MC and used him to later corrupt his family, and possibly other girls. Him being a male, while the aunt is a pure bitch, she could have then hidden behind him to explain the pregnancies.

But no, instead of this, it's a story that looks like it want to be something, but fear to be it.
    Not fully pleasing for effective NTR lovers, nor for effective futa or corruptions lovers. But in the same times not fully pleasing for people who don't want one of those, because it's still a main part of the game. There's not much games with both NTR, futa and corruption out there, but enough that have at least two of those to not need to play this one ; at least as it actually is.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Luckzor

The story is not so different to others of this gender but having a futa antagonist make it something, kind of new.
    Interesting story, good renders.
    What don't convice me is the NTR, because works like a game ending, when you reach a NTR path you see the sex but after that, you are forced to re-take the last decision and avoid the NTR. I was waiting a NTR that would advance with the episodes and the girls being more attached to the aunt, not a game over. So here the NTR has almost no meaning because you are forced to restart that decision, just like in Power Vacumm.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Kind Nightmares

Okay, I tried the game, although I put it off for a long time and I want to say a few words.

Some have compared it to Power Vacuum, which was biggest part of my decision to try it, but the difference is the person who doing the NTR. If in Power Vacuum it's a disgusting old man, then here we have an attractive mature woman with not so little 'extra', who felt abandoned and betrayed, and in my opinion she deserves love and family, no matter how bad dev try to put her out. And no, I absolutely don't see her as a part of a mc harem if it will be in future. Quite the opposite, I believe she will make a sissy out of mc.

Also, I don't feel sympathy for mc, but it's just me. It's like he's just there as a decoration and I'm playing "How to annoy your neighbor" again. He doesn't have personality or I don't see it.

It's kinda sad, that game is not about aunt, really. Imagine playing as a cunning Milfy futa who tryin to steal all women from some possesive boy. But It's just my imagination and has nothing to do with this game.

P.S. 'bad ending' looks for me like a good one. I mean, it's obvious that girls would be better off with an adult rich woman than with a big kid still living with his mom, right?
  13. 3.00 star(s)

ereet

The Good:
    The story concept is unique and pretty exciting. Competing with a predatory futa antagonist to impregnate your family is a good concept, ripe for tons of unique content that I have personally never seen before, so big thumbs up for that.

English is good and the writing is OK.. nothing special and I suppose the story set-up which puts this family in the home of a horny futa is good enough. So far there is not much creativity and humor in the writing (some, but not much) so, I'm hoping that the author will improve here.

The Bad:
    The renders are not great. Hopefully the developer will improve with time. It appears that the Mom is rendered with a lot more care than the other girls, and while I'm all for making sure the resident MILF is hot-AF, the other girls really need some attention, they're not looking so good.

The Ugly:
    A futa without balls? Come on now.:WaitWhat:
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Aleks Mark

An interesting game, made very nicely, the graphics and logical construction indicate that the author has already thought out the concept and I hope he will not stop and abandon the game because of the impossibility of realizing his ideas. I will look forward to the continuation, best wishes to the author :) :) :)(y)(y)(y)
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Satyr90

As of Chapter 1, the game is looking like the style of the game Power Vacuum. That's not necessarily a bad thing because like power vacuum it has good images, cast of characters, and VERY interesting story. However that means it's going to have the same pitfalls that Power Vacuum has as well. For example this game has no audio and the "choices" aren't really choices at all. While I appreciate the game doing a little foreshadowing (by showing you what the Aunt's goal is), the game forces you to make the "correct" choices and leaving you only one "correct" path. Personally I feel that this is a huge let down because I LOVE this storyline. The idea of a futa villain trying to knock-up your family has a lot of potential however I feel that as of right now you can't explore any of that. Also the Author revealing the "Bad" choices up front is a huge let down. I enjoy a game where it keeps me on my toes while I'm making a choice. If it's a bad one then please allow the gamer to live with it. I know that means more work but that also means a better game (in my opinion). It's the same disastrous let down in Power Vacuum. You can't live with a wrong choice. I hope that the game gets better because I'd enjoy being able to peruse multiple paths instead of a "correct" one the author wants everyone to take.

Side note: the lack of any audio (music and sound effects) is just as annoying in this game as it is in Power Vacuum.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Renonymous

As others have noted, this game is very similar to Power Vacuum. I don't think that would be a bad thing if it could distinguish itself more, but right now it's very solidly in Power Vacuum's shadow.

Cons
    • Humour: Just like Power Vacuum, this game forces humour that goes against the tone of the scene, except the execution is even poorer here. One of the first jokes is a period joke--not anything clever about periods or a joke that someone who gets periods would laugh with--just a joke at a woman having a period. Hilarious!
    • Image quality: The main villain's avatar has some tacky looking outline like it's been poorly cut. The prologue images' textures look stocky and sterile. The mansion's grounds are just 10 acres of pale green grass... I wish the author had given more care to the settings.
    • Proofreading: This game doesn't have it. There are a lot of grammatical errors that damage the reader's immersion. At one point the mother says "btw," and I'm pretty sure it's not intentional. I think it's just the author's shorthand that got left in the script.
    • Kinetic storytelling: Although the game is jut the prologue so far, this game looks like it's going to follow the storytelling style Power Vacuum follows of, "Here are two choices, but one of the choices is just a quick game over scene and then you'll be brought back here to pick the only choice you really have." Therefore it has the same weakness of Power Vacuum that the player doesn't actually have any choices or affect their world's development in any way. Not that there's anything wrong with a kinetic story, but just like Power Vacuum I feel like there's a lot of missed opportunity in here to have a more dynamic power struggle against the antagonist.
    Pros
    • This game's pacing seems like it's going to be quicker and raunchier with its depravity, and you get a big dicked dommy mommy futa to fulfill it, instead of the crypt keeper that Power Vacuum has.
    • The cast and premise are hot.
    Overall, this game's got a lot of things I take issue with but I hope it gets more polish and finds itself, because I like the archetype.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

mejiah1976

As a fan of PV the setup for this prologue is definitely a little familiar, but that's not always a bad thing. The renders here are solid and constantly improving and this game definitely fills a niche that I personally enjoy.

I also have always approved of how wwg (and now Dartred) have handled ntr in non-canon bad ends. Hopefully it assuages some of the bad feels people have about the genre. Definitely a good start that I hope continues to get developed. A solid thumbs up from me!