Daz Choose between two renders

ThreeCurses

Oct 7, 2021
Just a quick question, I've made two renders of the same scene and can't decide which lighting style I like better. The difference between the two isn't huge, but it's been annoying me ever since I rendered the two.

img 1
h2_ta2_14.png

or img 2
h2_ta2_14_1.png

Any feedback would be appreciated!

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Img1. The background looks evenly lit, so there should be enough ambient light to evenly lit the character as well the extra shadow looks out of place, especially on the skin where sub-surface scattering should kick in. Adding more Fresnel on cloths would also bump up the realism.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Any feedback would be appreciated!
The first image is a "behind the scene" during a photo shot, right when the photographer's flash kicked in. While the second one is what a human would naturally see.

But I really doubt that people would notice this difference. The lack of clothes fitting morph draw the attention to the weird looking boobs, anyway. I know it's annoying, frustrating some times, but passing few times making the clothes fit naturally would always do better for a render than passing this time trying to find the right lighting ; unless the initial said lighting is really weird looking.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Whats the difference in "lighting style"? The only difference I can see is something that could be achieved in photoshop in about 2 seconds.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
for lighting you have to go with what you think which is better cause you are the one who made the image

it's best to learn your own light skill and stick with it and build on it