Choose one :Daz/HS & HS2/Koikatsu

Somatra

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
I'm learning how to make games, and I'm developing a game myself. Then I made the artwork based on koikatsu. However, I think to myself if koikatsu fits appropriately in the sci-fi/survive sandbox theme that the game takes place or if there will be an audience to play.

You don't need to justify it if you don't want to, but between;(Koikatsu,daz,hs&hs2), which would you choose?

Note: I left some examples of my koikatsu artwork

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
As the self-proclaimed president of the Koikatu games fan club (?), IMO Koikatu's graphics are too cute and colorful compared to the other. I'm not sure what you have in mind when you say "sci-fi" but if you're trying to go for something serious/dramatic then I don't think Koikatu will be the best option for the game.

Reactions: Elias85 and Somatra

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
You seem to be going for an "anime schoolgirl roleplay" aesthetic in those screenshots, if that is intentional then definitely stick with Koikatsu because that's exactly what it's for. If you don't intend for your game to look like a slice-of-life anime roleplay episode Daz is best for Western-looking characters but from what I've heard it's quite expensive to get a decent variety of models. Between HS1&2 the older one has more mods which will be needed if you want to include things such as different penises, monsters or tentacles, gaping holes, body hair, dirt and slime, injuries... You say "sci-fi" and "survival" so I would expect some of those to be relevant at least for non-sexual scenes. Meanwhile HS2 (also mostly compatible with AI*Shoujo btw) probably has much better quality/resolution overall and I've definitely seen a lot of mecha parts in the accessory list if that's the style you're aiming for.

Ultimately the Illusion games pretty much all work the same in principle so if aesthetics aren't the deciding factor you should ask people who have already made content with them specific questions regarding content availability and technical concerns.

• Red Heart
Reactions: vicoaxl and Somatra

Somatra

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
You seem to be going for an "anime schoolgirl roleplay" aesthetic in those screenshots, if that is intentional then definitely stick with Koikatsu because that's exactly what it's for. If you don't intend for your game to look like a slice-of-life anime roleplay episode Daz is best for Western-looking characters but from what I've heard it's quite expensive to get a decent variety of models. Between HS1&2 the older one has more mods which will be needed if you want to include things such as different penises, monsters or tentacles, gaping holes, body hair, dirt and slime, injuries... You say "sci-fi" and "survival" so I would expect some of those to be relevant at least for non-sexual scenes. Meanwhile HS2 (also mostly compatible with AI*Shoujo btw) probably has much better quality/resolution overall and I've definitely seen a lot of mecha parts in the accessory list if that's the style you're aiming for.

Ultimately the Illusion games pretty much all work the same in principle so if aesthetics aren't the deciding factor you should ask people who have already made content with them specific questions regarding content availability and technical concerns.

thanks for the feedback i will talk to some people and make a decision that i think is appropriate