VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chrome Lifelines-Chapter 1 [Ch 1 Part 2] [zTi Creations]

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes

zTi

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2020
although i understand dev's reasoning, putting things behind a paywall almost never works out. in my case for eample i can only hope the patreon version ends up here otherwise my desire to play the free version is pretty much out the window cause i know i'll be missing some stuff.

but once again i fully understand why dev is doing it. just never seen it work out unless dev is already successful which in the end wont matter because if the game is successful the "full" version ends up here anyway.

i'm honestly curious to see how this works out.
I appreciate the feedback, honestly I was really wracking my head on how I should incentivize patrons. It's a bit of a catch 22 in my case. That's why I decided not to omit anything from the main story for everyone. But I have no doubt if enough people like it, the full version will pop up here. Regardless, I can't thank you enough for caring about the game and its future, really means a lot.

zTi

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2020
I agree with you, it rarely works out when a dev starts out like that. well established games usually gets away with the paywall stuff but this game hasn't even had a first release yet other than the prologue so Im intrigued to see how that'll work out but I do understand why the dev is going with that approach. Making Money is still the primary goal for Dev's when making these games and alot of us don't pay a cent and rather get the game here for free. I don't think this approach is necessarily bad, we still get the important stuff with the free version which is the main story, if the side stuff are just for H scenes and doesn't tie in with the main story then it shouldn't be a big deal unless you only playing the game for the lewd stuff. The sound tho, if the free version have no sound that'll suck, especially for a cyberpunk like game, silence will just kill the whole mood,but hey if that's the case I'll just keep my Spotify running in the background with some cyberpunk music lol problem solved.
Oh my god, thank you for saying that lmao. I'm glad you enjoyed my taste in music. But no worries, the music and sfx will still be there. I just won't be including the unedited tracks for listening in the music room only.

Reactions: DetroitAfterDark

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Oh my god, thank you for saying that lmao. I'm glad you enjoyed my taste in music. But no worries, the music and sfx will still be there. I just won't be including the unedited tracks for listening in the music room only.
Then I honestly don't see the problem in having a free and paid version. Looking forward to the first releases man!!

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

I hate promising a date only to have it pushed back because of some inconveniences. It does pain me, but, there are some last-minute things that I didn't take into account.

Bad news: I haven't completed the test build I need to send out to my playtesters yet. I'm still grinding out some bugs with variables and making sure everything is working as intended.

Good news: I'm, pecking away at the issues fast, I'm also going through every render to make sure it's presentable. I'd like to think that every render has a purpose. I was going to just use some of the renders I posted here for the gallery, but I decided to make some new ones. The overall amount of content is looking like at least an hour of playtime, depending on how fast you go through it.

Again, I'm disappointed in myself that I couldn't get this out sooner, but I hate to rush things. here's hoping I can finally get this out. Thank you for your continued support everyone.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Edgerunner/Corpo tier: patron-exclusive out now!
Rebel tier: patron-exclusive release is 4.20(lol).2022
Android tier: Free version release is 4.30.2022
Public: Free version release 5.01.2022

Thank you for your continued support everyone! I hope you enjoy chapter 1! Let me know if there are any issues/concerns either here or on discord!

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Public Release is out.

A word of caution: The prologue isn't included in this update; you will have to play that separately. Not sure why, would be better if it was included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xeron_Xr and sn3p

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Overall, I really enjoyed the update. The story and writing are really good. The renders for the most part were really good. Some of the renders could be a bit brighter, it was hard to tell what I was looking at in several of them. A couple of flashback scenes were inserted in without any indication, so it took me a minute to realize that it was a flashback. While the animation quality for the sex scene was really good, I think it would have been better to have them doing it in a position that showed off the girl's body. Three of the four camera angles mainly only showed the MC's ass and the fourth only showed an obstructed view of the girl's tits. Personally, I would much rather see the girl's naked body highlighted in the scene. As such, I rushed through that scene pretty quickly and frankly I would have been fine if it wasn't even there. All that said, I am looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: zTi and Necronlord3

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
The story is starting to both tighten up and expand. Interesting. Flashback/present day jumping around took me a minute to figure out, but I have read so many books that use that it only took a minute or so to get it straight. Now that I saw "flashback" Ellie, I'm not as fond of "today" Ellie. Just me.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Help me understand the versions ...
  • Prologue (presumably v 1.0?)
  • Prologue update v 1.1
  • Prologue update v 2.0
  • what is listed on this site at time of this writing as v 0.5
  • what is mentioned on the dev Patreon page as Ch. 1 Part 1
none of these add up, thanks in advance for your clarifications!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Great update, really loving this VN. Just so interesting and good! Though agree with HogRocket about the flashbacks. Probably add a vignette or something to differentiate them so they are easier to understand. Was so lost for a bit there on what was going on until I realized it was a flashback. But otherwise, loved the update and looking forward to what comes next. Thanks! ;)

This still a Kinetic Novel or are there actual choices for the MC now?
There are choices now. It was just the prologue that was kinetic to lay out the main basis of the story. On that note, could probably remove the kinetic novel tag now that the first chapter is out and we have choices.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Great update, really loving this VN. Just so interesting and good! Though agree with HogRocket about the flashbacks. Probably add a vignette or something to differentiate them so they are easier to understand. Was so lost for a bit there on what was going on until I realized it was a flashback. But otherwise, loved the update and looking forward to what comes next. Thanks! ;)

There are choices now. It was just the prologue that was kinetic to lay out the main basis of the story. On that note, could probably remove the kinetic novel tag now that the first chapter is out and we have choices.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Help me understand the versions ...
  • Prologue (presumably v 1.0?)
  • Prologue update v 1.1
  • Prologue update v 2.0
  • what is listed on this site at time of this writing as v 0.5
  • what is mentioned on the dev Patreon page as Ch. 1 Part 1
none of these add up, thanks in advance for your clarifications!
Prologue v 2.0 was the final version of the prologue. The latest release is the first half of chapter 1, so I guess that is why it is labeled as 0.5 instead of 1.0. The prologue seems to be a separate build that, as far as I know, is not included in the latest release. Might have to get the prologue from dev's Patreon page. Hope that clears it up.

Reactions: BeingADikDik

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Started playing the new update, and right off the bat:

View attachment 1807473

Hold on indeed. Like, what the fuck is that??? It's not even a baseball bat, that's an industrial rolling pin between his legs :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the preview, as it saved me the download time.
I was looking forward to the update, but that much stupidity just killed the whole game for me.

Sorry, zTi , that just earned you an ignore.

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of:

Chrome Lifelines [v0.5]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for the preview, as it saved me the download time.
I was looking forward to the update, but that much stupidity just killed the whole game for me.

Sorry, zTi , that just earned you an ignore.
This is a game whose setting involves mega-rich class that can afford futuristic body modifications. Of course they will do this type of upgrade. The characters even make fun of it in the very same scene!

You do you, but to righteously slander the dev based on an out-of-context render is preposterous.

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes