RPGM - Completed - Ciel and the Den of Lewd Corruption [Final] [Bathworks]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Beggarman

In short - I'm not really sure this is worth playing, mainly because the dev has another take on the battle-only, battle-rape-focused RPG genre (Luna in the Lewd Lost City), which does basically everything here but better. That said, I don't think this is as terrible on it's own - it's still very rough around the edges, but if playing first, can still be enjoyed if you're starved for this sort of content.

Art-wise, it's fairly simple. While I still find the girl cute, the CG's are a bit basic and static. There's a decent number of enemies, and a couple of scenes do have some minor variations in them. However, them being same-y can make defeats take a while if you can't skip them - especially if you just lost straight on HP and still have most of your erotic-health left.

There is a decent amount of streamlining still around. You can mess around with the character's levels and statuses before throwing her into a random battle, however there isn't a way to preview enemies before selecting them, and the names don't always indicate well who they are, if you don't remember them. This game doesn't have a "hands-free" auto-battle mode. You also have the option to directly buy what items and gear you want, this time around.

Fight difficulty is a bit irritating. I was finding myself getting wiped out easily with only the second enemy type, and it looks like some grinding on each enemy is necessary before progressing past them, which I'm not too big a fan of. It might introduce to players early that loss is just a part of this game, but it's still an irritation in my mind.

The writing and translation isn't amazing. There's not really all that much writing, and it's basically just the usual "oh no, don't penis me there! not inside!" cut-ins, which break up the flow of fights. The translation is incomplete in places (in the text, specifically - not referring to hard-baked images which are harder to change), has odd letters sprinkled in in some places, has odd formatting, and sometimes just doesn't flow right, although can generally be deciphered.

The sounds are fairly basic, and there's no voice for the MC beyond a little bit of some sound effects.

The main problem this game has is that the sequel (well, next game from the devs) makes it redundant. More art, better art, better art variations, similar poses to what are displayed here but done better, more streamlining, more player options, better pitched difficulty and fights, a more functional translation in menus, the shifting of character remarks to a VA, basically an improvement in almost every area I can think of.

Overall - Like I said, I don't think this is terrible on it's own, and I'm trying to rate is as an individual product. It is a reasonable early attempt at the formula, and had I played it first, this is the score I would have given it. However, my overriding recommendation would be to just play the sequel.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

johnybravo87

A decent game if you enjoy grinding it out to the top with a side of lewd.

The game needs a better translation, and more depth to the lewd scenes. After getting captured I sat there and got f*cked for legit what felt like 5 minutes of the same text over and over again.

As well more effects during battle. I feel like the combat system has a decent base line but lewd things don't feel impactful and are easy to escape.

Basically the game is very easy, just a grind. Somewhat enjoyable to playthrough.