City of Broken Dreamers [Philly Games] Discussion Thread

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finkos

Butt Lover
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Wow looooooks awesome! But need someone with bigger boobs lol.
P.s. After the first game i will support author on patreon. Hope it will help him to do the new game even better

Reactions: Domiek and Aprilsun

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Heh. Don't get your reading glasses cleaned too soon. It's still "in development". To ensure that quality is going to take some time. And I'll bet Philly will want the first episode to blow you all away.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Heh. Don't get your reading glasses cleaned too soon. It's still "in development". To ensure that quality is going to take some time. And I'll bet Philly will want the first episode to blow you all away.
Yeah, I mean it feels as though DA was finished up a couple weeks ago. And Philly knows to do all the organizational, nitpicky stuff up front this time around, so it will definitely take some time.

But to be serious, even a "SPRING 2019" or some such nonsense would add a smidge of hype.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I'd wager before then, but I'm not a pre-production guy. That's all one-man army.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Just to reiterate, that is an exceptionally well crafted trailer. And I love that he added animated models in it.

Romanul

Jan 3, 2018
I really hope this will be at least as dark as DA and not watered down. Anyways, look forward to it.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Welp, you got my unofficial little teaser of Philly's trailer, now here the actual words of this magical dev as he drops more little bits and pieces to spark your interest and enthusiasm...

Dev Update: City of Broken Dreamers #2

First, enjoy this nice little intro video done for the game. (it's back in post # 66, gang)

Now, I have updated the patreon page and will readjust little things over time. The tiers are now setup and will take effect after new years.

As for development I managed to squeeze in quite a bit of time on the game over the holiday. Much of this was for a few new characters, environments and promotional material, but it's all things that need to be done just once. Past that we are now approaching around 280 renders. Items such as the games base UI is also done.

These are things such as the main menu, dialogue system, save area, preferences and scene gallery.

I still have more things that need to be done up front. Another character I have slated to work on next weekend for instance and some heavy coding pieces that need to be setup. Besides all that, things are running smoothly and once all that upfront work is done then I can really get into the thick of things.

I am incredibly happy with how things are coming along and I cant wait to show you more!

Thanks and stay awesome guys!

Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes