Seeking Classic favorites

Expanding Universe Games

Super Badass
Game Developer
Feb 20, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've been enjoying games on here for about a year, and you all know how much effort it can be to dig through the pile for gold.

What are some classic games a few years old that might not be getting the attention they deserve?

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2017
The best way I've found for finding games on here regardless of age is the latest updates page. After the update a little while back you can sort for the most popular games by various metrics and filter for completed games and tags. Filtering by engine can also be really helpful. Given the wide variety of content on here it would be a big help to anyone hoping to recommend you something if you included games you've played that you enjoyed and tags you're interested in.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Perhaps i'm taking liberties with "a few years" but if you're interested go back to some old AIF, notably goblinboy stuff and remember when games where games not just VN's, graphics are antiquated by modern standards but worth it IMO, if you haven't go play "last horizon" by goblin boy, then when you're done replay it and be confused by the game changing while you weren't looking, the game itself stands up better than modern games of a comparable size IMO.

As for modern classics there are a few that come to mid for different reasons:

- Dreams of Desire by lewdlab, not because it's exceptionally good but it is a classic now, it was one of the forerunners of the incest boom and has to answer for a lot of tropes for that particular fetish becoming cemented around that time.

- Depraved awakening by Phillygames, well worth it for the combination of good story, renders and quality sex scenes. While each of these elements alone is good it's rare to see them all in one place, also plenty of replay value to get all scenes and endings.

- Acting Lessons by DrPinkCake, while i'm less of a fan of this as time goes by it is worth a look if you haven't, the renders are great, Liam is the best male NPC I've seen so far, melodrama gets a little cheesy for me at some points but it's still damn good.

- DanielsK's back catalogue, not all to my taste but the guy is consistent and it's nice to see how far he's come to get to Pine Falls (unfinished, currently in development but worth it).

- The Last Sovereign by Sierra Lee, it's all text based but the story blows 90% of games clean out of the water, yes games not just adult games, really even if you don't get beyond the intro it's still worth it, you won't see the twists coming, special mention for such classy content as the succubus "qum d'ump" who to be fair is the comedic support.

Honestly i'm not sure if you just want finished games because a few have been under development for over a year and have come a long way in that time but are as yet unfinished, things like long live the princess by Belle, I've been following that one since 0.2 and it's on version 25 or something crazy now. What i'm getting at is go have a look to see if anything that you played and liked a year ago is still being made, it's always a pleasant to find an "old" game is still being worked on.

Reactions: Sihil

E N I G M A

Uploader
Dec 14, 2018
Parasite in the City by Pixel Factory. Released in 2013. Inspired a lot of games to follow in its footsteps. Paved way for the sidescroller and sprite genres

Kurovadis and Eroico by Kyrieru. Released in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Both games have some of the best and tightest gameplay I've experienced. Kurovadis plays like a metroidvania while Eroico is a 2D combat "dance" where you time your moments to attack the enemy or guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: OwOthello123

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
  • Saya no Uta
  • HuniePop
  • Beat Blades Haruka
  • Play With Us Episode 2
  • Depraved Awakening
  • Mirror