VN - Ren'Py - Clea in Hell [v1.0] [Dezgemadev]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Nayko93

I've never laughed so hard playing a game :ROFLMAO:

This thing is bad on sooo many level that it become kind of good
    Well just for 5 min... after that you will be like "but why the fuck I'm inflicting this to myself ?..." and quit

I couldn't play more than 5 min, it was too much to handle

But lets trey to give it a review:

The art is... well you've seen the preview... so you know....

There is animation.... well if you can call this "animation"
    personally I call that : "long and boring sequence at 3 images per second with blurry model, ultra dark set, improbable camera angle and a lot of clipping "

In fact the entire game is made of animated sequence between which you can save
    And where it become really dumb is that if you click during the animation, then it skip it entirely, so in one click you've skipped 3 min of game.... and with 7 click you've skipped the entire game.

Sometimes in a animated sequence you have a moment where nothing move for a few second so you think it's time to click... BUT NO ! the animation was not finished, it was just a little pause ! because... idk.

Speaking of dumb things, the text in this game is not made with renpy, it's made directly in the animation, and you never know who is talking because there is no name, no indication, only phrases put in the middle of the screen

There is sound in this game ( same quality as the animation )
    A sort of weird noise for "ambiance" , I think there is voices, I've heard some bit of phrase cut in the middle
    ( Oh and there is also the sound of a starting motocycle engine for the monster growl ( literally... )

All this is really absurd because the dev probably spend so much more time making animation and putting them into renpy, for this result...
    The game could have be 10 time more playable without this animation system
    ( well it would still have been ugly renders and weird sounds, but after years on this forum I can take it )

So here is my advice to players :
    Play it ! seriously... make a "try not to laugh" challenge , a drinking game, or just take it as a lesson on "how to not create a game"

And my advice to the creator if he read that :
    First, no offence ;) it was just to be funny
    And next, if you make animation in a renpy game, make it so it donc skip half the game by just clicking one time, make the animation play in the background while you can advance text

Also remember that sometimes, it's better to have good static render than ugly low frame rate animation
    It's better for the player and also for you, because animation take far more time to render, so don't try to make animation if you are not ready for it, focus on good render that's what people want