Daz Cleaning the mess in Smart Content and re-importing metadata.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I tried to clean up the mess in my assets a bit. When I reset the database and re-import metadata, why don't my saved files as scene_subsets and wearable _presets appear in Smart Content automatically and I have to find them using "Scan known directories for files" and then manually move the results to the correct subfolders of the saved files? Can it be done automatically?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
"Smart Content" for assets sold through Daz3d.com is populated based on information that's stored inside the asset files.
Some discussion on this topic here:
If you're going to reset the database, and you want things you've put in Smart Content yourself to be preserved, you need to export your custom metadata first, then reset the database, then re-import it.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
"Smart Content" for assets sold through Daz3d.com is populated based on information that's stored inside the asset files.
Some discussion on this topic here:
If you're going to reset the database, and you want things you've put in Smart Content yourself to be preserved, you need to export your custom metadata first, then reset the database, then re-import it.
I was just wondering why it doesn't recognize files in the default save location automatically. I mean, when I save a wearable preset, it is assigned to Saved Files -> Preset -> wearables category.
If there is another wearable preset in the same folder that I saved before resetting the database, it will not appear in the smart content after re-importing the metadata unless I have exported the user data.

But Daz Studio knows that this file contains wearable, so it should be able to re-import such files in the default location without exporting user data.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
But Daz Studio knows that this file contains wearable, so it should be able to re-import such files in the default location without exporting user data.
"Should be able to" and "does" are obviously different things. LOL.

More seriously, you could always file a bug report with Daz pointing out that this can and should be done.