Clearly I'm doing something wrong

EverSeven

Jul 13, 2017
Sorry if this seems stupid to anyone but i'm clearly doing something wrong , ok so i download and play a game, lets for example say its MilfOfSunville , when downloaded the first version it appears in folder like this M1.PNG and plays ok, then when i download the update so version 2 it also appears as a folder and same for version 3. I understood although i might be wrong, but you needed to have all versions/folders inside the same folder or when playing any version after the first or you won't be able to load a previous save. Maybe thats not correct but no matter what i try i am prompted to have to start new game , so how do i get to continue by loading a save from version 2 and then from that have version 3 . Apologies if i've not explained this properly but i hope you know what i saying.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It's a Ren'Py game so you don't need to do any of that. Just extract the new version wherever you feel like it and just delete the older versions. Old saves should be automatically incorporated to the new version unless you deleted the persistnt saves stored in C/Users/(YourUser)/appdata/roaming/renpy. Then again, if dev has made something wrong you might not be able to keep playing from an old save, but that's on the dev.

Reactions: Meaning Less

Milksmith

Apr 14, 2022
I guess you should also copy your saves to another folder. If the save file breaks for one reason or another, you will have a backup.